Woooooah...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woooooah...

Hi guys! I've not been on the forum for ages as my DS3 has been in the garage alot haha!

You may remember that a nice member of the public kindly put a nice dent in my passenger side rear panel.

This has been replaced and resprayed... but unfortunately four wheel laser tracking revealed the rear wheel was significantly out of alignment.

My local citroen dealer cant find anything particularly wrong... but in order to play it safe (and to milk my insurance company presumably, they've decided they're going to replace the WHOLE REAR AXLE!!!

Sigh

Until then I have a tiddly red C1 as a courtesy car. It does not like hills. Bless it.

Matt

Originally posted by Taine View Post
    Hi guys! I've not been on the forum for ages as my DS3 has been in the garage alot haha!

You may remember that a nice member of the public kindly put a nice dent in my passenger side rear panel.

This has been replaced and resprayed... but unfortunately four wheel laser tracking revealed the rear wheel was significantly out of alignment.

My local citroen dealer cant find anything particularly wrong... but in order to play it safe (and to milk my insurance company presumably, they've decided they're going to replace the WHOLE REAR AXLE!!!

Sigh

Until then I have a tiddly red C1 as a courtesy car. It does not like hills. Bless it.

Matt
    lmao a c1 -.- i thought they have to give you a similar car on insurance claims?
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

They did lol a shitroen

Comment

Originally posted by DSL3NNY View Post
        They did lol a shitroen
        i saw a c1 with that n the back.... they replaced the C and stuck on SH in its place -.-
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Awwww, don't be so harsh on the C1s, I've clocked up 60k+ miles in them over the last 4/5 years and although not without their problems, they aint all that bad. I have decided it is now time to get a 'proper' car though. They do the job when you're still classed as a 'young driver' though.
          June 2011 - Present: Citroen DS3 D Style+ 1.6 120 (11) 3dr - Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black
          September 2009 - June 2011: Citroen C1 1.0 VTR (59) 3dr - Black
          March 2007 - September 2009: Citroen C1 1.0 Rhythm (07) 3dr - Sunshine Yellow
          June 2006 - March 2007: Citroen Saxo 1.1i SX (99) 3dr - Black

Comment

i replaced my 107 (c1) with a DS3. After doing 42k in it i can say its a go kart, completely gutless and fools people in the worst way. like the ds3 fools people in that yes it really is a citroen, the c1 is more like, i know its an 07 plate but it really doesnt have central locking or electric windows and yes the flimsy glovebox was a £30 option. i used to plan run ups onto fast motorways. MOMENTUM IS KEY LOL

Comment

I've always had central locking and electric windows on both my 07 and 59 plate?
              June 2011 - Present: Citroen DS3 D Style+ 1.6 120 (11) 3dr - Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

i bought the 107 urban lite, £6000 OTR A genuine steal. i just read your post about your c1, all of those problems were what i was worried about. the water pump leaked over the alternator causing an insane whine, new pads at 30k, leaks in the boot (check under the carpet i bet its wet). all the other stuff i was hearing about that shape. Got me thinking i either spend loads of money on a car thats totally impractical and boring (i live on the motorway) or treat myself to a DS3, youve made the right choice, im glad i dont have to drive that car anymore. There as common as muck too, when it was new it was nice to have a unique car but they have gona massive now. hopefully the ds3 doesnt get that way so soon

Comment

Yea, definately, like you I live on the motorway too so I needed a car to suit. C1 great as it is, is after all designed for running around town, and lol, that's how I've justified it to myself, the increase in payments per month probably isn't much more than what I'd have to keep the C1 ticking over for another year, and why.....when I went into the dealer, I actually said I was bored. I've done the C1 thing now, twice, i'm read for something with a bit more umph! Lol. Yea, I think they've priced it just high enough, so that many people will think twice about it, I really should't be doing it to my bank balance at the moment, but hey I couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                  X