Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain Black Roof Vinyl

Hey guys,

Ordered a white dstyle+ yesterday, finalising everything with the dealer tonight. I wanted a white one with a black roof but would have to wait until september for deliver. the dealer can get me an all white one and i'll have it next week. I made a call to citroen uk customer services, they tried to get one with a black roof from a dealer in sunderland (who apparently has 6!!!) but he refused to part with one unless i bought it directly from him - which isn't gona happen as i live near belfast!
    Anyway, the dealer mentioned "shrink wrapping" the roof black for me at no extra cost. I've been googling it all day, is this something i should go ahead with, is it likely to be coverd by warranty as it will be coming to me like that from the dealer??

Thanks!!!

Pete
    Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Black Viynl Roof Wrap Would Look Good...

Alot better Than Plain White All Over...

Suppose If You Get Something In Writing From Him Saying That His Dealership Will Cover It Under Warranty The You Should be Ok ?...

Comment

I'm like a big child at christmas at the minute - yes, i could probably wait until september. but i don't want to!!
      is this stuff likely to be the same as the roof of the dstyle ones with the designs?

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
        is this stuff likely to be the same as the roof of the dstyle ones with the designs?
        Well You Said Above It Was Plain Black Viynl ?...

Comment

yea, but i mean is it the same "stuff"?! lol
          i presume the ones with the designs are factory fitted - so more than likely citroen are happy that they will last. basically, i dont wana get this vinyl on if its gona start to peel of in a few months and just want to make sure that it will be hard wearing etc.?

Comment

The vinyl used is similar to duct tape in the simplest sense. It will more than likely look the same if done correctly.

I have vinyl's down the side and front of my car that has no issues with lifting or peeling and it's been there for a good few months now (estimated life of vinyl is around the 5 year mark before it needs re-doing).

Hope this helps.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              I have vinyl's down the side and front of my car that has no issues with lifting or peeling and it's been there for a good few months now (estimated life of vinyl is around the 5 year mark before it needs re-doing).

Hope this helps.

Excellent, i think thats my mind made up....to the dealer i go!

Comment

all sorted, should be ready nxt friday/saturday!also wangled free mats, cherished tranfer and theres a deal on 3 years servicing for £199 - got it thrown in aswell! i was reading other posts on this about a golf umbrella lol, mentioned that too...

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                  no issues with lifting or peeling and it's been there for a good few months now
                  Just Badly Fitted :P

Comment

Mind started peopling a week after doing mine...

I'm just not good at DIY jobs xD
                    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                    Third time around.
                    Work in Progress

Comment

all set for friday by the looks of it.....

Comment

going for the black on the roof in the morning!!

Comment

just to let you know, the vinyl on the roof looks amazing! and you honestly wouldn't notice it was vinyl unless you already knew. the tops of the dooes were done aswell and its a really great job. I clocked up about 50 miles cruising around last night!

Comment

Picture?
                            Has Lexia Tool :o)

Comment

Originally posted by germinus View Post
                              picture?
                              +1 !

=d

Comment

Working...
                              X