No announcement yet.

DS3 On Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year some time, Top Gear Magazine tested 10 hot hatches with the Stig driving and the Clio Cup was the outright winner as the best handling car, but the DS3 wasn't one of the ones tested. So I expected the Clio to do better on the Monaco circuit, but as you say, James was driving and didn't do it justice!

Love love love the orange of the DS3R...

Comment

Clio = Winner, admit it. Or price point, maybe DS3R V's Megane 250...

Comment

megane is similar to the ds4 so youll have to wait for the ds4r
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

It look good but I reckon it'll be out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

I'm so looking forward to the piss taking and ragging at work tomorrow!

Stef

Had it all day at work, but I know they're all jealous. And I always give as good if not better back
            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
              Had it all day at work, but I know they're all jealous. And I always give as good if not better back
              My lot were strangely quiet.............................

Stef
              2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Does it matter who drove what?

To be honest the TG three gives a good spread of what most peoples ability at driving is, normal. Granted the times may have been different if professional drivers were at the helm but in the real world it has no relevance, what we saw was three middle aged men drive quickly within their skill and how those cars coped with that. There is little point in owning the fastest car which you are unable to drive fast or to the edge of what it can do. A friend I know has a R1 bike and knows that it can go like the clappers but his skill set means that he is only tickling what the bike can really do and with that he sold it for an R6.

Yes there are faster cars then the DS3 on paper, but I own one because I feel more comfortable driving it quickly compared to other cars that are out there.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  Oh And Aparently This Isn't The Last Time We've Seen The DS3 On Top Gear This Series
                  I hope they do a proper test or a lap round the track.

Sunday's episode was really good but I kinda wanted them to take it a bit more seriously. Unbelievably jealous of them getting to drive round the Monaco track though.
                  May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                  October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                  Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    Does it matter who drove what?

To be honest the TG three gives a good spread of what most peoples ability at driving is, normal. Granted the times may have been different if professional drivers were at the helm but in the real world it has no relevance, what we saw was three middle aged men drive quickly within their skill and how those cars coped with that. There is little point in owning the fastest car which you are unable to drive fast or to the edge of what it can do. A friend I know has a R1 bike and knows that it can go like the clappers but his skill set means that he is only tickling what the bike can really do and with that he sold it for an R6.

Yes there are faster cars then the DS3 on paper, but I own one because I feel more comfortable driving it quickly compared to other cars that are out there.
                    Well they may as well do test sitting in a traffic jam on a motorway then (Interestingly the DS3 would probably still 'win')

If you're going to do a "test" on a grand prix circuit then you need to test it with proper pilots - not old pricks who would probably $hit themselves if they were to do a passenger lap with Schumacher et al

Comment

Watching the rerun of this now had to laugh with I saw Clarkson put the tree and bike in the boot, half of it hanging out the back.

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
                        Watching the rerun of this now had to laugh with I saw Clarkson put the tree and bike in the boot, half of it hanging out the back.
                        When was this on is it the new series ?
                        http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                        DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Its on atm BBC 3

Comment

Oh I've seen that one I thought it was the new series
                            http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                            DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
                              I can confirm you can also fit a person in the boot

Comment

Maybe at next meet try to get more people in a DS3 take a photo and send it into Top Gear..

Comment

Working...
                                X