Beat this!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat this!?!?!?!

My wife nice new Botticelli Blue DS3 with just 147 miles on the clock has blown the head gasket..............do I sense a common fault emerging.
    Wife is gutted and I am 'boiling'

Oh wow, that sucks. A lot. What happened?

Have Citroen got it back and looking a little sheepish?

Comment

Dang, that is a total disaster.

Comment

Wife came back from collecting daughter from Brownies, parked up and it dumped all the coolant on the floor. Citroen Assist (AA) man turned up and said it needed a new thermostat housing, towing it to nearest Citroen dealers, who reckon its not that but the head gasket that needs replacing. I want to know what caused this in the first place and whether its going to happen again. Citroen HQ are aware but aren't actively involved as yet!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah definetely don't give them a minutes peace until the problem is not only resolved but you know what caused it.

What engine is it diesel or petrol? Sorry if that is a dumb question btw lol.

Comment

Bad news.

To help cheer you up (if that's possible) My wife once took delivery of a brand new Fiesta 1.25i (when they first came out) - One of the first in the country.

Engine siezed on her way home from the dealership !!!!

They never did tell us what was wrong with it - just replaced the car

Comment

Try sending the wife in to cry at them, works a like a charm. When my parents had trouble with their new kitchen, my dad eventually my mum with the instructions "lose your temper" and it was all sorted the next day.

Taking a fairly wild guess, the engine wasn't right from the start, probably a faulty part that slipped through the quality net. Citroen produced thousands of these now and most them are fine, so I imagine it will be sorted.

Comment

DS3Man,

Please keep us (especially me) updated with what goes on with your situation.

My head gasket blew after 12'000(ish miles) and I knew there was a problem a good 6 months prior to it but the fault couldn't be found (coolant just vanishing).

This is now the 4th Head gasket to blow that I am aware of and I'm building a case which would REALLY benefit from anything you can share.

cheers
                sigpic

Comment

I'm pleased to say that it is now in the most capable hands of Motorwell Citroen in Yeovil, had really good communication from them and regular progress updates. It looks like the original dealers I bought it from didn't do a thorough enough prep on the vehicle prior to hand over and may indeed have caused the problem....wouldn't like to be in their shoes. Hopefully this can all be rectified satisfactorily and we won't (or rather the wife won't) have any more problems further down the line.

Comment

This Is Shocking Mate =/

Comment

I'd be fucking livid!!
                      Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
                        I'd be fucking livid!!
                        I was, but thought I'd give Citroen Yeovil a chance, its Penton Bournemouth I'm still livid with especially when I first phoned them with the problem, they fobbed me off with "its under warranty so you can visit your nearest dealer"....not them I hasten to add.

Comment

Well I wouldn't be wanting it back either - if there was a fault with that, what else might go wrong. Mr dealer, new effing car thanks!!
                          Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Originally posted by ds3man View Post
                            they fobbed me off with "its under warranty so you can visit your nearest dealer"
                            Thats why Citroen dealers get a bad write up. Some seem to be there just to sell you a car and woe betide you if there's a problem (we've heard them all on here). Luckily some are now getting their act together and at the same time picking up customers. Write to Citroen UK about the good and bad dealer.

Comment

I'm biding my time, waiting until its all sorted and depending on how the whole experience has been, will determine what feedback Citroen gets.....I know one thing I'm going to make sure they know about Penton Bournemouths' part in this.

Comment

Working...
                              X