Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance - anyone had trouble with their insurer not recognising the DSport Plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance - anyone had trouble with their insurer not recognising the DSport Plus?

I'm collecting my DS3 on Thrusday (or Fri/Sat depending whether I can move some appointments)...

So used to 'convenience' online when it comes to most things.....so I went online to check the insurance change (I'm with Aviva presently, I move insurers most years), but they don't list the DSport Plus - I called them and the telephone operator kept asking if it the same as the DSport, I kept saying no, it is a different car with a little more spec, so in the end she said she could add it manually - however, as I didn't know my exact changeover date, she said it would all need repeating when I did know the date...

I know the DSport Plus is quite new and maybe has not made some insurers databases yet, but just wondered if anyone else had gone through this fun?

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

No, my insurer (Admiral) had the Dsport Plus in the database.

The citroen 7 day free insurance howerver kept asking me if I was sure if the one I was buying was the DSport Plus and not the DStyle Plus because he couldn't find the DSport on his system!!!!! After a few minutes of me insisting he found the car and then declined me insurance because of my postcode being too high a risk!

Comment

Thanks.

How strange the Citreon Free Insurance didn't recognise the car!!!!

Regards,
      Clive.

Comment

Hi Clive

i had the exact same problem, they just dont know what the dsport plus is, the citroen insurance kept asking me if i was sure i was getting a dsport plus and not a dstyle plus as that one is in their system, i think im sure what i am getting lol and then when phoned my proper insurance company had the same problem, hopefully they will update their system soon as i need to renew in August so might have the same problem again.

Clair

Comment

Hi Clair,

I've just been having a gander initially on Martyn Lewis 'moneysavingexpert' site (the saving's guru chap off the tele) and followed his advice for getting best insurance quotes, and I've found some do recognise the DSport Plus - I've been amazed how low the quotes are - I've got a sneaking suspicion the DSport Plus (and DSport) are 'under-rated' insurance category wise, so long may it continue!!!! A car capable of 0-60 in just over 7 seconds and quotes are less than my Leon FR which is a second slower (but was higher list price).....

I'm not due to renew until 1st September but I've already got some guaranteed quotes valid to 23rd August so I'm going to keep them in case prices sky-rocket!

Umm looks like I'm going to have fun getting my present insurance company or the ultra intelligent Citreon 7 day insurance to believe I'm buying a Sport Plus....am wondering whether to cancel my present insurance, see if I'll get six week's premium back and going to one of these quotes where I have a great price, low excess and they recognise the DSport Plus!

Regards,
          Clive.

Comment

Hi

could be an idea, ring your present insurance and see how much you could get back if you cancel, but it might not be much then that might make your discision, i just know its been a bit of a pain to sort out but hopefully more insurance companies might recognise the plus in time for when i renew, but like you say, the prices do seem low, to say i had a 1.3 suzuki swift which was about £420 for the year then i got a quote for a dsport, (this was before i got a plus, just to see what the prices were like) and i have now got 3 points for speeding and they came back at £520, thought it was quite cheep for me. The thing is that i also did a quote for the dstyle to see what the difference was and it was the same. I just hope when they realise theres a plus version that they dont put the prices up

Clair

Comment

I did, until my plates were on the road, which means they have to firstly be tax'd and insured.

I called Citroen 7 Day Insurance and told them that I needed the 7 day cover - even they didn't have the hdi 110 dsport plus on their computers.

It is fine now though since the plates show up.

Comment

Thanks both - yes Clair I am thinking of doing exactly as you suggested - as I've got the premium guaranteed till think it was 23rd August, worse case I'll 'lose' a weeks insurance where I'll have paid for two lots of cover.
                Thing on them suddenly deciding the car should have been a higher group - there's nothing they can do about the current one you've paid for - true at renewal time they can. What will help is if everyone keeps their claims low on them too, so they don't suddenly notice there's more claims than they'd expect for the insurance level they've attached to the car....

I'm not expecting Aviva to want anymore than my present insurance because on paper I'm going down a few groups, assuming they can recognise the model! My plate should be assigned on the DVLA computer tomorrow ( CL11 VEP :-) ) so I'll maybe try Aviva Wednesday to see if they recognise the car then, I don't know if they access DVLA's webiste in 'real' time or not, I guess so as the police will need real time access.

Regards,
                Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                  My plate should be assigned on the DVLA computer tomorrow ( CL11 VEP :-) )

Nice plate Clive, are you going to start spelling your name with 2 i's to match
                  DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Hi,

Luckily the 'brain' doesn't oversee the two 'i's - as the spacing isn't as pronounced as it appears when you type it!...

Pleased as punch I got it!

Regards,
                    Clive.

Comment

Just put my plates in there, got my mum as a named driver so she can use the car on very rare occasions when I'm in it to supervise haha, just kidding shes a great driver never Crubbed her own wheels lol... Anyways came back with a super awesome qoute of £750 - a third of what I was paying for the fiesta zetec s - WTF !

Comment

Working...
                      X