Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61.3 mpg - 'king brilliant

The subject says it all.

My 1.6HDI110 is far better than my 1.4HDI92 C3 was. Granted I am an old git and drive like one sometimes but even so, at 1200 miles and 2.5 weeks of ownership I am well pleased. It's great to see 650 miles after a fill-up. £55 for more than a week's motoring.

I like to play a game where I drive like an old git most of the time, but then show a receding pair of rear lights to some boy racer in a Saxo or rep in a Beamer, particularly if they have been driving up my arse for a long while and/or twitching to overtake me.

I got 64.4 mpg this morning doing 68 mph. Not bad considering i have to travel 24 miles to work !!
    DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Pah!

Switch to the 'instant' MPG display and sink the clutch while on the move and Ta-dah!! 999 MPG!!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Déesse trois View Post
        I like to play a game where I drive like an old git most of the time, but then show a receding pair of rear lights to some boy racer in a Saxo or rep in a Beamer, particularly if they have been driving up my arse for a long while and/or twitching to overtake me.
        lol, i done that last night.
        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Done this with a Citroen C5 the other day driving towards Scotch Corner.. The road goes from Single Carriageway to Dual Carriageway every 15 miles or so.. and every time he tried to drive up my arse when it changed to dual carriageway.. and every time I just pulled away from him in 5th.. he just couldn't keep up! Very entertaining though lol

Comment

I've started driving sensibly in the DS3R now and to and from work on the motorway I've been sticking to 75MPH this week on cruise control whenever possible, I'm averaging 47MPG at the moment which is a big difference to the 36MPG I was getting!

Stef
            2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

What we want to know Stef is how good is your radio controlled one!lol

Comment

Isn't it amazing how much other drivers' speeds vary when you use cruise control?

I reckon you could get 1000 miles out of a tankful of diesel if you stuck the car in cruise control at 30 mph and just went round and round a racetrack. you would die of boredom at some point, however.

Comment

Isn't it amazing how much other drivers' speeds vary when you use cruise control?

I reckon you could get 1000 miles out of a tankful of diesel if you stuck the car in cruise control at 30 mph and just went round and round a racetrack. you would die of boredom at some point, however.
                  It really bugs me when other cars slow down and speed up, meaning I lose efficency.
                  Get a big enough tank and you could get 1000miles out, probably not on DS3 with the 48L tank. 30 mph isn't a great speed for maxing your MPG though, 55 is a decent bet, most other cars will go past you so you aren't having to slow down and speed up all the time. 61 is impressive, I'm getting 57 on a HDi90 which I though was good. ¬_¬

Comment

80 On The Screen...

70/75 In Actual Fact...

I'll Just Take My Winnings...

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                      What we want to know Stef is how good is your radio controlled one!lol
                      Very economical. No room for shopping bags though!

Stef

Comment

One week in with my 150THP, most journeys to work are showing around 42mpg (15 miles, 'restricted' on A38 as too much traffic to open her up!).....
                        Trip computer since collection (300 miles) is showing 36mpg (includes the stop-start when I first collected it from a busy city centre and was getting used to clutch, driving style, etc, etc).
                        Actual fill up today comparison was more like 33mpg...however I am not exactly sure what mileage I was on when I filled it after collection.

The above supports my theory from a lot of cars with on-board computers that they typically over-state mpg by around 10%.

I filled today and know a definite opening mileage so will see exactly how many litres (therefore gallons) it takes to refill it and how many miles I've got out of that after 1/2 to 3/4 tank used.
                        I'm expacting to get to high 30s ...

47 out of a DS3R (presume that's the Racing?) is ludicrously good! Are you pressing the right hand pedal down? lol

Ah well work my socks off, stuff the mpg, need some fun after 12 hours of meetings a day!

Regards,
                        Clive.
                        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Ive the 1.6 120bhp petrol and its rubbish compared to all the figures floating about on here
                          Red / Black DStyle+ . . a petrol cause its rude not too.

Comment

Stef.. driving sensibly at 75mph .... what's NOT sensible lol !!!
                            DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rowl-69 View Post
                              Stef.. driving sensibly at 75mph .... what's NOT sensible lol !!!
                              I couldn't possibly comment!

Stef

Comment

Working...
                              X