No announcement yet.

61.3 mpg - 'king brilliant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha thought as much. I get to change my DS3 in two years & would be considering the DS3R. Would you recomend it !
    DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rowl-69 View Post
      haha thought as much. I get to change my DS3 in two years & would be considering the DS3R. Would you recomend it !
      Most definitely!

Cracking little car, although mine is being dropped off at the dealer tonight to get a poor running issue, creaking suspension, blown speaker and interior rattle looked at. Stuck with a 1.2L Fiat 500 for transport tomorrow!

Stef
      2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

All this thread does is make me feel bad about the way I drive. I just about average 50mpg on the screen in the 110 Diesel. It costs so much to fill up as well, around £65! Fuel prices need to drop.
        DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          Most definitely!

Cracking little car, although mine is being dropped off at the dealer tonight to get a poor running issue, creaking suspension, blown speaker and interior rattle looked at. Stuck with a 1.2L Fiat 500 for transport tomorrow!

Stef
          Will they fix the speakers for you?

I was thinking about this the other day (none of ours are broken just wondering)..

They could turn around and say 'You shouldn't have played the music so loud, its your fault!!' .. but surely the system should be designed so it can be set at the top notch without causing damage to itself?

Comment

Originally posted by x6411 View Post
            They could turn around and say 'You shouldn't have played the music so loud, its your fault!!' .. but surely the system should be designed so it can be set at the top notch without causing damage to itself?
            Happened To Me...

The Top One On My Dash Has Gone And They've Put It Down To Me Blasting The Music lol

Comment

I'm no HiFi buff but I've seen posts on here where people have talked about bedding the speakers in, is this the same as running an engine in i.e. don't turn them up to full volume straight away?
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Yeah Mate lol

I Didnt Listen :L

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  Yeah Mate lol

I Didnt Listen :L

Just like when you're given advice on taste
                  DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by x6411 View Post
                    Will they fix the speakers for you?

I was thinking about this the other day (none of ours are broken just wondering)..

I told them I had to have it loud to mask all the other noises that shouldn't be there!

Stef
                    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Yeah it does seem that the 110 bhp diesel gets better real world MPG figures than the 90 bhp unit. More torque at the right place and therefore less foot to the floor business maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                        Just like when you're given advice on taste
                        I Dont Build My Car For Anyone But Me ¬¬

Comment

Originally posted by Déesse trois View Post

I like to play a game where I drive like an old git most of the time, but then show a receding pair of rear lights to some boy racer in a Saxo or rep in a Beamer, particularly if they have been driving up my arse for a long while and/or twitching to overtake me.
                          I also love to do this.. they come along thinking.. ah.. slow driver.. in the saxo's/corsa's.. filled with 4 lads.. then I put foot down and gone.. hahahaha!
                          Red / Black HDi 90 .............. If you see me give me a Toot

Comment

After about 350 miles of not so careful driving just having a nice worn in engine and watching the mpg
                            Computer, im acheiving the magic 61.3. Long journeys really make a difference, think it must be the engine temp and constant rpm. Average speed on the long journeys was probably 60, but did a lot at 70 with aircon on. It's amazing when you get your road just right that you can get 70+ doing 70 with cruise control. The first 130 miles were either on back roads or stuck in traffic. It said 54mpg. Taking a long trip with 50 zones and doing 70 where appropriate pushes this back up to 61. Not trying to hyper mile, I give the car some weely when needed and get were I need to go in a reasonable time. Think driving over 70 will ruin any hopes of high fuel econ. Gonna aim for 70mpg on a whole tank eventually, Reckon it's possible, just boring!

Comment

Working...
                            X