Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did you have to wait for your new DS3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did you have to wait for your new DS3 ?

Hello everyone

I was just wondering how long people had to wait for their beloved caar ?

I ordered mine on the 2nd June 2011, and have now finally received a notice from Citroen ( 14th July 2011) saying it has left the factory and is on its way....however the dealer is saying it will take 10-12 days or so to make the 26 miles over the channel from France and then another 10 days or so to get from sheerness to my dealer a whole 30 miles away

Just wondered how long others had to wait and thought here would be the best place to ask from people that know my pain

2 weeks and 1 day from order to delivery for the exact spec and colour I wanted. Was pretty straight up I wanted the best price and exact spec and got what I wanted for the best discount I could find, cash waiting approach (I was quite happy to not trade my old car with them, which I didn't do).

I wonder if I was lucky enough to fall on a cancelled order, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
    Clive.
    Last edited by CliveP; 20-07-2011, 22:31.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by gbsteve View Post
      Just wondered how long others had to wait and thought here would be the best place to ask from people that know my pain
      I think I was only waiting a week! Then again, my dealer sourced it from another garage so that helped...
      Though there's some on here who have waited 4 or 5 months as far as I know!!
      Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

If I was you I would use the search facility as there are loads of answers for this over the past year

Comment

^

Agreed!
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Welcome gbsteve

There are a few threads that may help you on here primarily this one. Posted by Bigfeet76, 'the inside man', this expalins the process.

By using the search box you will find quite a few posted by users with different responses, here are some:
            How long . . . . .
            Ordered my DS3 . . . .
            How long did your . . . .
            Soon to be new owner . . .
            Whats the lead times . . .

Some times it might not from the thread title that is returned as a search result as it the word/subject that was searched for maybe within the thread.

I orderd mine in June, and picked up 17th July - so about 5 weeks. This was earlly as my dealer had predicted August.

Hope that is of some help
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

5 weeks 1 day, Petrol THP, Factory Order

Comment

Apologies, i should have checked....only found the website the other day and spent most of my time reading all the posts on mods, induction kit, remap that sort of thing...i was aware until i came here the 110 had not been cracked yet.

Anyway will use search as kindly suggested, apologies should have done that in the first place

Comment

No problem, the space saved from not going over old topics can be given to threads about mods, induction kits, remaps and that sort of thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gbsteve View Post
                    Apologies, i should have checked....only found the website the other day and spent most of my time reading all the posts on mods, induction kit, remap that sort of thing...i was aware until i came here the 110 had not been cracked yet.

Anyway will use search as kindly suggested, apologies should have done that in the first place
                    Don't apologise, some have been here a while and have seen questions repeated, but thats all part of becoming a new member, to find answers. And other new members will appreciate it if they see question pop up, and will like to help and answer

Do shout if you need something though, everyone has different answers and opinions - so ask away!!
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

5 weeks. How do you keep the DRL's on with headlights lol !
                      DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rowl-69 View Post
                        5 weeks. How do you keep the DRL's on with headlights lol !
                        Remember I have those frogs in that nice soapy bucket........

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          Remember I have those frogs in that nice soapy bucket........

Those frogs must be getting hacked off by now as you still haven't let them loose

Oh, in answer to the original post I reserved mine on the 1st of September, confirmed the order & put down a deposit on the 3rd of September, finally picked her up on the 7th of April. 216 days in total, probably a record, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong
                          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I test drove a ds3 thursday nite got a pre reg with 5 miles on the clock Saturday

Comment

Working...
                            X