Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Control Paddles Vs Accelerator Pedal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control Paddles Vs Accelerator Pedal...

Anyone Else Notice That There Is A Big Difference In The Increase Of Revs / Speed When Using The Crusie Control Paddle Over The Accelerator Pedal ?...

For This Reason I've Started Using CC More :L

Discuss...

I have CC in the boc and strangely my MPG takes a serious hit if I use CC. I have noted that if you cruise along and feather the pedal I can get better MPG but I hate doing that and always end up planting my foot down hard, obviously MPG suffers as a result LOL. I can see where you're coming from though with CC being more efficient as the system can maintain a constant RPM range for speed and eliminates human error where accellerating and decelarating all the time.

Comment

i think unlike the human touch CC doesn't account for the world around, it just goes and goes. Hence if your going up hill at 70 it will suck all the power it can to keep it going. where as when your driving you might compensate for the hill and just slow down! same for going back down the hill the CC will use the engine to hold it at that speed where we might let it coast. i basically use CC when I've got a speed limit to maintain and not exceed!

Comment

i only use CC on motorway restricted speed sections, like was stated by an earlier post CC dosen't take in to account "the real world" plus i like to be in total control of my vehicle.
        Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

i'll use cc every where lol but like you all say the world has hill's and that so i normally tap the breaks and start using pedals until its flat again
          Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
          Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

I've only used it to maintain the speed limit through roadworks with average speed monitoring, but I have used the up & down buttons to maintain distance from the car in front if their speed varies & find it responds quick enough to not have to bother taking over control myself. Going on a long trip next month, 800 mile round trip, mostly motorway & dual carriageway so I will be giving the cruise control a go for those parts of the journey & see how I get on with it over longer distances.
            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
              I've only used it to maintain the speed limit through roadworks with average speed monitoring, but I have used the up & down buttons to maintain distance from the car in front if their speed varies & find it responds quick enough to not have to bother taking over control myself.
              Same for me pretty much.. I also use it on just long roads where I won't be changing speeds..

I find I don't need to turn it off for hills.. I just let the car maintain the same speed which I have set.. If it's struggling.. (rare) I suppose I'd drop a gear and depending on the length of the hill, re-engage CC or just drive manually

Comment

I know what you mean when you are using CC to hold 50ish through roadworks and then whack it up to 80 on the cruise button there is a nice feeling of acceleration that you don't seem to get when you floor the pedal. I don't suppose there's any difference it's just that you're experiencing it more as a passenger rather than a driver and it seems better

Having said that my THP seems to accelerate better if you feed in the throttle rather than floor it but I expect that's due to turbo lag
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
                  I know what you mean when you are using CC to hold 50ish through roadworks and then whack it up to 80 on the cruise button there is a nice feeling of acceleration that you don't seem to get when you floor the pedal. I don't suppose there's any difference it's just that you're experiencing it more as a passenger rather than a driver and it seems better

Having said that my THP seems to accelerate better if you feed in the throttle rather than floor it but I expect that's due to turbo lag
                  I hope thats on non UK roads or in KPH!! lol joking. You're probably right, just the turbo spooling up. I don't really mind the turbo lag, nice little kick it is

Comment

i can a be tad lazy on the m1 with cruise on, use the paddles to slow the car when drivers slow, if you keep enough room in front this is more than safe. with so many cameras these days i rely on the CC to keep to the limits lol. the general rule when it comes to fuel economy is that constant slowing down then speeding then slowing down etc is the worst thing you can do, where as CC can hold you at the max speed you wanna go. Was watching that Eddie Stobart show on Five the other day and they get bonuses for using CC more often as it can increase fuel economy

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post

Its the 3rd party element of it, so i agree with the above. In reality the acceleration will be the same, but the fact that the car is doing it and not you makes it feel different. Its the same when taking bends with CC on. I find it feels much quicker than if i were controlling the throttle by foot!

Comment

I always use my CC when possible.. mainly because I am lazy.. its addictive!
                        Red / Black HDi 90 .............. If you see me give me a Toot

Comment

Working...
                        X