Breaking in my ds3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking in my ds3

When I get my ds3 tomorrow, do I have to break it in. I've heard you gotta drive 1000 miles before you can rev the engine over 3000 revs? Is this the same with the ds3?

From what I have seen - just drive and enjoy!

But I might be wrong . . .
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

You aren't physically limited to 3000 revs no but generally for new cars you should take it easy for the first 1000 miles.
      Black on Black 150 THP Dsport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by callum View Post
        You aren't physically limited to 3000 revs no but generally for new cars you should take it easy for the first 1000 miles.
        Don't Do This...

Do The Opposite...

Push It Hard And It'll Be Better For The Car In The Long Run... It's Been Proven...

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          Don't Do This...

Do The Opposite...

Push It Hard And It'll Be Better For The Car In The Long Run... It's Been Proven...
          Each to their own. Going by my own experience, ran previous car in with gentle driving for 1k, ended up achieving near quoted mpg values and a 0-60 time 0.4 seconds quicker than quoted so Il just stick with what i know. I know that could be down to a variety of things but In my head it was down to the running in lmao.

In all honesty it probably doesn't make much of a difference. Just down to the driver and their preference!
          Black on Black 150 THP Dsport Plus

Comment

Im a techy, and ive never 'run a car in'

Engines these days are tested over the course of 100s of 1000s of miles, its not like the old days when you got your new car with running in oil in it, then you had to have an oil change after the 1st 1k

Honestly, drive it like you stole it and get it free'd right up asap!
            63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
            X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
            12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
            61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
            60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
            02 RenaultSport Clio 172
            04 RenaultSport Clio 182
            51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

x2 Drive it like you've stolen it!!!

Jimbob

Comment

If you want advice on how to run the car in I'd advise reading the manual rather than the advice of strangers on the web.

They wont be covering your warranty claim if it goes pop

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

I think you'll find us strangers are more in touch with the real world than a French guy writing a manual
                    63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
                    X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
                    12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
                    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
                    60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
                    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
                    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
                    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

Ive never 'run in' a car but have read a bit about it and heard that running in hard is the better way.
                      Have Fun With It!
                      DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

I've done 400 miles now and nearly achieved the 0-60 of 7.2 secs earlier today......does that sound like the correct running procedure? lol....there's life in the old boy yet......
                        Loving it, enjoy it my friend....even if there's some truth in running them in gently, are you going to keep it long enough to care?

As above, modern cars don't need it, I've had about 6 new cars over the last ten years and none of them needed running in....

Regards,
                        Clive.
                        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

As with above the engine shouldn't need running in, the cars are tested at the factory and driven as part of your PDI so the oil will also have been run through.

Only advice I would offer is to take it easy for the first 1,000 miles, I've been in the trade long enough to see the difference between cars run hard and those run gentle, besides your engine may not need to take it easy but your brakes need time to bed in!

Whatever you decide, just enjoy it.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

With it bring a BMW , they tell Mini owners to not boot boot the crap out the engine for at least the 1st 1000miles

Comment

Being a DS3 it'll break itself, dont worry.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X