another space saver thread! sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another space saver thread! sorry

i finally got my spare today 4 months after i bought my car! several problems with this. firstly they have given me a 185/65r15 wheel and tyre which is a full size wheel from a c3. i know this isnt right. could someone list all the seperate bits you should get when you have the optional space saver wheel instead of the glue. or even better a picture of the inside of the boot. should you lose the foam insert were the glue/compressor is stored or has this been taken out because it wont fit as its full size? i have also got the round storage plastic thing, wheel brace, jack, chrome cap remover, tow eye, and yellow screw. also a pic or explanation of what the screws onto actually to the boot floor would be good.
    as you can see im really not sure whats missing wrong etc.
    oh also my bookpack dustcap remover (antitheft) locking wheel bolt and usb stick that was in the foam insert have gone missing.
    when will this ever be sorted.
    please help as i need to take it back tomorrow

What you should get with the optional space saver is:
    5401T0 - Space saver with Continental 125/80/15
    671739 - Wheel Brace
    672599 - Lifting Jack
    673695 - Jack box
    676305 - Plastic Stud Cap Removal Tool
    You take out the complete foam insert and place the spare in recess and use the yellow collar (which secures into the channel in the boot floor) to fix the plastic tray with the jack etc and the wheel to the boot floor.
    Last edited by studly; 13-08-2011, 21:08.
    Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

should just push round plastic over the top

Comment

Funnily enough, I've just got my spacesaver from the dealer (Citroen UK Glasgow) when I took my car in for its frst service - 4 1/2 months since I took delivery (it's a driving school car, hence the high mileage). It was simply dumped in the boot space, with no jack or wheelbrace. What good is that? The reason I asked for a spare is that if I get a flat whilst on a lesson, I need to be able to change the wheel. Which I still can't do....

Maybe something to do with the fact that the dealer promised to supply the spare f.o.c - no doubt they expect me to play for the jack and wheelbrace. Doesn't indeer me to Citroen UK, to be honest.

Comment

im in exactly the same situation big tc. anyway today took it back and told them to order me the genuine space saver for the car, or its going further. ive been told there on back order? can you help me out with that one john nicol?
          thanks for that studly. much appreciated.

Comment

It's a naff way of securing the wheel to boot floor to be honest.

Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

Originally posted by studly View Post
              What you should get with the optional space saver is:
              5401T0 - Space saver with Continental 125/80/15
              671739 - Wheel Brace
              672599 - Lifting Jack
              673695 - Jack box
              676305 - Plastic Stud Cap Removal Tool
              You should also get a foam moulding (looks like a toilet seat!) which sits on top of the spare wheel to provide a flat boot floor.

Comment

It's easy or difficult to get a confirmation in this institute to simply have to put forth a few attempts to do this. They have shared every one of the rules in such a manner and prefer us to buy rush essay reviews to achieve our future goals. So have a great time and stay tuned with this.

Comment

Ignoring the tonsil Chkhouse above - we have a 185/65 x 15 spare, foam removed and wheel put in so there is a well where the various things like wheelbrace, jack, slime pump thing and a few other bits are stored, it does not give a completly flat floor but its not far off. I would much prefer the full size type of tyre to the space saver that we have (if it is ever needed)

Comment

Working...
                  X