Is it worth using an Online dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth using an Online dealer

I'm seriously considering a DS3 sport + but don't want to pay the price my local dealer is quoting . Is it worth quoting one of the online prices to them and seeing if they can match it . If not what is the opinion of online dealers , is it safe to use tthem eg New citroen deals ?

I think most people have had good results from online deals. There are various comments on the site. Also I know my local dealer matched a quote for an Orla Kiely so you never know till you try.

Comment

Have you got some links where you can get online quotes?

Comment

Try this, got mine through them, will put you in touch with a dealer - you don't give the broker a penny.

http://www.newcitroendeals.co.uk/citroen_ds3.php

Or, print the prices out and take it to the dealer - if they give you any whatsit about it not being real just say 'fine' and walk away. I was told they would try to get me to take a different model - er I don't think so! - and they didn't - I just said what I wanted, no compromises, and found me one within 24 hours with a two week wait and a great price. If you want the Elect 3 you'll still get the Citroen contribution as you're still going through a main dealer, then just end it early after payment 1 to take advantage of the Citroen contribution - and save even more :-) Happy times!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Yes, yes and yes!

Try this, got mine through them, will put you in touch with a dealer - you don't give the broker a penny.

http://www.newcitroendeals.co.uk/citroen_ds3.php

Or, print the prices out and take it to the dealer - if they give you any whatsit about it not being real just say 'fine' and walk away. I was told they would try to get me to take a different model - er I don't think so! - and they didn't - I just said what I wanted, no compromises, and found me one within 24 hours with a two week wait and a great price. If you want the Elect 3 you'll still get the Citroen contribution as you're still going through a main dealer, then just end it early after payment 1 to take advantage of the Citroen contribution - and save even more :-) Happy times!

Regards,
          Clive.

Comment

As CliveP says, i think we've used the same site with the same results!

That site knocked £100 a month off a DSport Plus THP over what my ex work were quoting me, with staff discount and everything else they could throw at it

The supplying dealer is usually Bristol Street Derby, when i spoke to Steve there as i needed a test drive he said do all that at another dealer sneakily, then order it with me. He even said if i walked in off the street, to the same dealer and got a quote from the sales team, it'd be a massive amount more than he can do them for

So, yea go for it!
            63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
            X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
            12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
            61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
            60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
            02 RenaultSport Clio 172
            04 RenaultSport Clio 182
            51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

I got a quote from an online dealer, and then went to my local dealer who more or less matched it,plus i got 3 years servicing and a full tank of fuel thrown in. i much prefer to build up some rapport with a local dealer in the knowing that if i have any problems i have a direct link to sort them out for me.

Graham
              Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

Yes I agree Graham as long as the 'premium' in price isn't too much and I know you got a good deal - luckily for me the dealer I was referred to was about 20 minutes away and the same company as the local Burton dealer who didn't want to give me a penny off ('bye' then!).....after my 'trick' with the Elect 3 I saved nearly £3K, that feels reasonably sweet...and will more than sort any detailing gear in the time I'll own it!

Regards,
                Clive.

Comment

Clive my "premium" is an extra £12 pm over the online price which i am more than happy to pay to deal with my local dealer, with whom i have already struck up a good relastionship.

I value face to face customer service, my dealer is aware he is the more expensive choice, but i know should i have any problems he will sort them out for me.

Clive you were very lucky to only have a 20 min drive to your local online dealer company, a great result mate, and i guess you drive a hard bargain

In reply to the original poster, go to your local dealer with the best online deal you can find, take it to your dealer and say can you match this or if not whats your best offer, if it's not agreeable with you then go to another dealer, or take the online one.

Graham
                  Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

Hi Graham, makes sense my friend - I guess I don't think of any monthly amount just the net price as that's what I pay - ok I've taken advantage of the fact Citroen wanted to pay £1500 for me to take this Elect 3 thing because 99% of people that take it and let it run it's course - mine was purely to take the £1500money then hit the 'early settlement' button resulting in the majority of the £1500 dropping straight into my back pocket.

But as you say, to the OP, use the internet deals to drive your local dealer to what you want - also a futher point, Graham is also lucky his local dealer seems good - my one, although professional, somehow seemed to think I owed them something - erm, no, I'm a customer so make me feel special, I know I can't afford to give customers anything except the royal treatment. My last car I went to Newcastle (the up north one!) to get it - because over the phone they were really really good, and I liked them so I went there.

Regards,
                    Clive.

Comment

One thing I will say is that we all sing off the same hymn sheet so in theory all dealers can do the same figures. The difference is to do with the bonus structure that Citroen have in place, in order to do some of the price slashing that you can see on on-line the bigger agents will use that money because if they are short of target they will registered some pre-regs to top up. Smaller dealers, like myself, don't have this power which means that we sometimes lose out, but with that said we tend to focus more on our customer service which is what gives us a 100% customer satisfaction rate.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

ermmmm........ yup! :cool:

Comment

and ruining our residual values >.>
                          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                          Third time around.
                          Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                            and ruining our residual values >.>
                            1+ to you good sir, this is something I have been going on about for ages...
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                              Yes I agree Graham as long as the 'premium' in price isn't too much and I know you got a good deal - luckily for me the dealer I was referred to was about 20 minutes away and the same company as the local Burton dealer who didn't want to give me a penny off ('bye' then!).....after my 'trick' with the Elect 3 I saved nearly £3K, that feels reasonably sweet...and will more than sort any detailing gear in the time I'll own it!

Regards,
                              Clive.
                              Can someone explain how using Elect 3 can save money . I was hoping to do a cash purchase on my DS3 but if there's a way to get a better deal i'd definitely be interested .

Comment

Working...
                              X