Factory 2 dealer how long ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
    Guys, do remember that the factory was closed during august so any orders in July would result in a September production month build. For more info go and check out my lead time thread.
    Yes true, but it still sucks :-)

Comment

I think the main problem is the lack of information from the dealers. For me even a quick email once a week just to say no change or build date has changed to (what ever date) would greatly improve the buying experience. I actually paid a little extra for the car by going direct to the dealer, thinking i could build a good rappor with the dealership. What has happenend to customer service! ( rant over). Mr getting frustrated. Lol

Comment

Thats the whole point of the automated system that Citroen have, you will get an update at the same time as the Dealers. The only thing we can see ahead is the forecasted exit date from Factory, but this is not set in stone.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by keld747 View Post
          Don't want to be negative, But i have had a build exit date ot 7-9-11 for a month or more only to be told last friday that i have a new build date of this thursday 15th. Not impressed. Dealer then said it should be ready at the dealers by 24-9-11, not going to hold my breath.
          Been told today my exit date from factory is now 22nd oh man ! Lookin at 6th October or around there now wait is killing me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            Thats the whole point of the automated system that Citroen have, you will get an update at the same time as the Dealers. The only thing we can see ahead is the forecasted exit date from Factory, but this is not set in stone.
            What's this automated system ? Is there any way we can find a delivery update without bugging the dealer ?

Comment

good point "len" ive heard nothin since the thanx for your order email ,dealer just keeps talkin shite without actually sayin anythin of interest
              Last edited by connor217; 14-09-2011, 22:43.

Comment

your not alone buddy .......i feel your pain !:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Probert993 View Post
                  Been told today my exit date from factory is now 22nd oh man ! Lookin at 6th October or around there now wait is killing me lol
                  Will call my dealer 2mrw and see if mine has been built.

Comment

Originally posted by connor217 View Post
                    good point "len" ive heard nothin since the thanx for your order email ,dealer just keeps talkin shite without actually sayin anythin of interest
                    Hmmm...

The email you give the dealer is fed into the factory build computer, the first email is the 'thank you email' and if your car is on factory floor you will then receive a 'complete build' email to inform you of factory exit, then another to advise you the car in the UK. As far as the dealer is concerned this is also when we find out about movement on your orders, the only thing we can give you is the forecasted build as listed on your DE1 order screen which is supplied by the factory computer, this date is only a guide and not set in stone. At point of order your dealer will advise you whether or not he will be able to match your order to a pre-built car (normally in transit or in UK) or if it has to be a factory floor build in which case then he will give you the estimated lead time as supplied by Citroen themselves.

At the end of the day as I advise customers myself until I see 'headlights' I am NOT in control of the build process and there is nothing anybody can do in order to speed the process up so there is little point in giving your dealer grief if you feel that your order is running late. The dealer network does not build the cars, we only supply them and have to work with the information given to us by Citroen, granted some dealers should be better at managing your expectations of delivery.

I have cover this topic before and as I have said before if you are interested in the process and what to understand it better look at my lead time delivery thread which can be found with a simple search.

Comment

I didn't pay any attention to anything from Citroen to be honest. I didn't get an email and my letter saying my car was on its way arrived quite a time after my dealer called me to say she had left France. I knew my car was on it's way and my dealer was really informative with the information he had.

You're dealer isn't in control of when your car will be built and can only provide you with the information he is supplied with. I wouldn't give your dealer grief and alienate them at this stage of your DS3 ownership

I don't really know how it works, but I'm sure your dealer can't contact the factory floor direct and speak to Philippe and ask him:
                      'Oh hai, is that order done yet?
                      'Er, the Red Dstlye with a white roof? Oui, it is infront of me now and will be with you in exactly 2 weeks'

I know the wait is tedious and not knowing is a pain in the a-hole but it is on its way As Big said, maybe some dealers should manage expectations better.

Without watching the clock and setting a definite date for me to set my hopes on, the best day arrived when my guy sent me a picture message of WTF saying 'Look what has just arrived'

*WTF tried to add smiles to this post to make it a non grumpy one!*
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Try ordering a Racing, then you'll know what waiting is.

Ordered on 03/09/10 took delivery on 07/04/11, you do the math!!!
                        DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Just excited like most good to look forward to things

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                            Try ordering a Racing, then you'll know what waiting is.

Ordered on 03/09/10 took delivery on 07/04/11, you do the math!!!
                            I remember that and why some the first where late!

Comment

well had my conformation Email yesterday from citroen the cars left the factory. Dealer phoned today and said the car is sitting at calais. He was quite surprised that it was at calais so quick. Have now picked a number plate, and await arrival to the uk, this is where the dealer said he can track the cars movements. So happy days.

Comment

Nice one hopefully next week will be hearing something similar cant wait !!

Comment

Working...
                                X