Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend hdi 90 or hdi 110?

Hi

Considering the ds3, just wondering the difference in oomph between the hdi 90 and hdi 110, is it a lot?

My round trip to work is about 50 miles, the majority of it spent at 60-70 mph.

I am just trying to judge which is better for me in terms of fuel economy and which engine suits the drive.

cheers!
    2012 DS3 e-HDi 90 Airdream 95g DStyle
    Thorium Grey/Carmen Red/City Signature/Connecting Box

It's according to what you want. The torque on the 90 is ace and motorways are easy but if you want sporting straight out the box then the 110 is your choice. However the 90 can easily be remapped for better performance and fuel economy. The first 110 has only just been remapped so don't know the results yet.

Comment

I've not driven the 110's but my previous 90 hdi was better than my current e-hdi 90 imo. In fact i don't really like the e-hdi to the point I'm mulling over whether to trade in against a year old 110 as i cannie afford a new 110 dsport atm :/.
      Remapping the 90 is an option I've refused to consider as well atm due to voiding the warranty if they find out.
      I would say test drive them both and see which one you like and yes the 110 will have a sportier feel (for a diesel) and will still have decent mpg, but the 90 will win in the mpg stakes.
      Last edited by studly; 24-09-2011, 20:00.
      Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

Originally posted by studly View Post
        I've not driven the 110's but my previous 90 hdi was better than my current e-hdi 90 imo. In fact i don't really like the e-hdi to the point I'm mulling over whether to trade in against a year old 110 as i cannie afford a new 110 dsport atm :/.
        Remapping the 90 is an option I've refused to consider as well atm due to voiding the warranty if they find out.
        I would say test drive them both and see which one you like and yes the 110 will have a sportier feel (for a diesel) and will still have decent mpg, but the 90 will win in the mpg stakes.
        Hi can you explain what the differences are that you have noted with the E version (airdream) than the standard old 90 engine? I ask because I test drove a normal 90 but will be getting the newer E version. Just curious to know any quirks now so I can expect them...

Comment

Clarkson would say: POWEEEEEER!

Comment

I have the dsport 110 and love it, i have done just under 17000 miles in 8 months and have averaged according to the trip computer 57.5 mpg. It really is great car, i would have gone for the thp 150 if i didn't do so many miles but have not been disappointed at all.
            I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

I have just brought the Dstyle + e-hdi 90 Airdream, and i am really impressed with it. I do a high amount of mileage town driving due to my job and the economy is brilliant.

Comment

Cheers for replies.

I normally travel about 300miles a week (80% motorway), prob difficult to gauge, but anyone any idea roughly how much that would cost me at the pump in 90hdi or 110hdi?
                Last edited by spe@rmint; 24-09-2011, 22:56.
                2012 DS3 e-HDi 90 Airdream 95g DStyle
                Thorium Grey/Carmen Red/City Signature/Connecting Box

Comment

The Excel sheet I saw on here indicated the real world economy of the 110 is better than the 90. I avoided the edream when I noticed the increased 0-60 time.

Comment

Before ordering my 110 I test-drove a 90 bhp I found ratios in gears was better in 110 being 6 speed gearbox and just felt little more perky , especially when over taking on motorways 90 was still a good drive though ,surprisingly pokey for saying my last car was a vr6, I went for 110 in the end though two more weeks should have it !!! :-)

Comment

I had a 90Hdi C3 week before last as a loan car and my commute is similar to yours, I have a 76 mile round trip and about 80-90% motorway. The C3 returned 56MPG and that was sat at 70MPH using cruise control, rather disappointing as I can just squeeze that out of my DS3R if I'm careful. I'm absolutely positive the 110Hdi would have returned better MPG with its additional gear.

I had no issues with the power of the 90Hdi, plenty of power through all the gears. I've also driven a couple of 110Hdi's too and there is one simple thing that would stop me buying the 90 over the 110 and that is the gearbox! The 5 speed in the C3 was horrible, very clunky and absolutely nothing like the silky smoothness of the 6 speed in the 110.

The C3 had only done about 13000 miles and I don't know if all the 5 speeds are like that but it was probably the worst manual gearbox I've ever encountered.

Stef
                      2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Get The 110...

Comment

the 6th gear is required if your planning on doing 70mph and wanting mpg
                          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                          Third time around.
                          Work in Progress

Comment

This has me concerned a little now. I went solely for the 90 air dream to get the best economy as I will be going up and down the A1 daily 30 mins each way. I realise the quoted MPG is usually unachievable but thought that the 90 having the highest claimed it would be the best but people here are saying the 110. Where is this excel sheet mentioned in post 9. If this is the case I will be very upset to have ordered a car based on wrong real life mpg. After all with the extras I have added I could of bought the sport 110 but didn't because I will be doing 15K plus a year and wanted economy & good looks! Someone make me feel a bit less worried.

Comment

Cancel Your Order And Get The 110,

15K Isn't Much lol

I've Had Mine 11 Months And Done 30,000

Comment

Working...
                              X