No announcement yet.

So I finally test drove the DS3R today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally test drove the DS3R today.

I have to admit, I was really impressed with it! It's a demo in white with no extras and 7K on the clock. Took it for a nice long drive round Nottingham and on the motorway with some back roads thrown in for measure. I wanted to get an overall feel of what this car would be like to live with from day to day. Must say that the power difference between the racing and the 150THP is very noticeable. Constant turbo whine which worried me to be honest as I am unsure if this is a normal characteristic of the car. Seems to hold the road pretty well too and seems capable of doing almost anything you want it to.

The downside for me sadly. As wonderfull as the seats are a found my back hurting after 15 minutes for some reason, not sure if it was just the wrong sitting possition or not. Seemed to suffer the same hesitation that another owner has experienced on here, or it's just turbo lag and I am not used to it. The aux socket and 12V socket are not really in the best positions and if using a sat nav I believe the charger may become an issue. I was so sure I wanted a white one but after seeing it in the flesh i think the black would be the way to go as the white did not evoke the same response in me as the black did. I am sorry to say that the radio unit is a massive let down as it looks cheap compared to the rest of the feel of the car. Sound system is amazing though!

I know many will not agree with me on here but I am merely giving my thoughts on it. So regrettably I have decided not to get the white one and will hang on to the bocanegra for a while longer even though I have lost all faith in that car too with all the misfire issues I have been experiencing. I think I may wait a little while longer and if luck goes my way will get a black one if it comes to market at the right price.

Turbo shouldn't 'whine' (as you put it), so im guessing it has got so much abuse and no one has ever let it cool down before turning the car off (turbotimer would help the dealers)... Other than that, i'dd have to disagree with you, since in my honest opinion, white is the color (colour for you English ) to get (not too bold but still somewhat 'flashy').

Everyone has their taste tho.

P.S: Nothing beats the old (98-99) impreza STi seats my gf had in her old car as for comfort and support... Not even the STi's original seats that i had on mine (2006) STi.

P.P.S: Yes, im bit wasted at the moment and yes, it's only alcohol.

Comment

Sorry to hear it wasn't the great experience I know you was hoping for. I've no issue with the seats at all and hopefully your problem would be solved with a little re-positioning.

Can't say I notice any noise from the turbo on mine at all, not even the usual whistle.

Mine is still hesitating and missing on acceleration so a call to the dealer again tomorrow.

Hopefully a black one will come along at a good price, I understand what you say about the white, as much as I like it for the stealth factor it has, sport orange makes you smile!

Keep us updated on how you get on in your search, if I see any black models at a similar price to the white one I'll let you know.

Stef
      2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Thanks Stef. I agree about the turbo whine too. It was a little worrying for me at the time and the salesman just seemed to dismiss it when I mentioned it. I really do like the racing but as said I am thinking that this one I drove has been somewhat abused so it would be better if I steered clear of it. I am a patient man and I know the right one will come along at the right time. Who knows, maybe I get lucky and can get a brand new one............

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          Mine is still hesitating and missing on acceleration so a call to the dealer again tomorrow.
          Stef
          The PCV deletion completely cures this, it's a transformation of Matthew Kelly proportions!

Comment

You mean your car becomes gay??
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah View Post
              The PCV deletion completely cures this, it's a transformation of Matthew Kelly proportions!
              I'm not so sure Hannah, remember mine has just had the intake valves cleaned and I've done less than 100 miles since I got it back.

Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                I'm not so sure Hannah, remember mine has just had the intake valves cleaned and I've done less than 100 miles since I got it back.

Stef
                Ours was doing it on a new engine with less than 50 miles on it. After the caps we're fitted it's been transformed, absolutely no hesitation, ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah View Post
                  Ours was doing it on a new engine with less than 50 miles on it. After the caps we're fitted it's been transformed, absolutely no hesitation, ever!
                  Okey dokey, I'll casually ask the dealer if he's aware of the PSA group fix and mention that the Pug RCZ has had this deleted and see what he says.

Stef

Comment

Working...
                  X