Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken

I have it 5 minutes and its broken.

And not just a little bit broken, the recovery man seems to think it's alot broken!
    I have the HDi engine and its not sounding happy. Not like a new diesel engine but more along the lines of a 'very' old clapped out engine.

Its back at the dealership as I write being looked at.

And no I didn't put petrol in it......
    And no I don't drive like a loon.......

And no it hadn't run out of oil........(and if it had that would be another reason to take it be to the dealership)

Oh no - let's hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

What mileage had you done - or were you literally just five minutes from the showroom before disaster struck? Now that really would be bad luck...

Comment

Just done 500 miles.

I'v just collected a hire car and realised how much a like my ds3 I dont want it to die. At least not after I waited so ruddly long for it.

Comment

Thats not good dude, hope it gets sorted out soon, What kind of sound did it sound like?

Comment

Good luck mate, I hope it gets well soon

Comment

It started off as a slight tapping noise, but shortly after developed into a loud rattle.

The garage rang a while ago asking for some more history. Initial investigations show its not firing on all its cylinders.

Comment

My old VW diesel sounded like that all the time, even when it WAS firing on all its cylinders!

Hope they get to the bottom of the problem very soon, and get you back on the road again.

Comment

this has got me worried now! i have been complaining to bristol street motors about a misfire on my 110 dsport but they can't find anything wrong with it ! it also has a distinctive tapping noise that is not the obvious characteristic diesel sound of a ford transit!!!sounds more like a sucker stick on a bike wheel( just from my younger days) i might ask them for the 3rd time to investigate further:confused:

Comment

Fingers crossed we haven't just uncovered a fatal DS3 flaw....

Comment

My DS3 (120 Petrol) died at the side of the road and had to be recovered because the temp sensor on the engine told the computer that the engine was overheating. It shut the engine down and it wouldn't start again. Car had 1200 miles on the clock.

not as dramatic as yours tho!

Comment

Had my 110 HDi for 2 months and done 2500 miles and not a single strange noise....at times ill drive like an OAP and others like a complete hooligan (my excuse for this down right stupid behaviour is to get all the rust off it lol)

Hope it isnt too big a fault and they can get it fixed sharpish

Comment

Yeah, gotta agree with Sim22 here, it's not all bad. I've had my issues with my diesel, although not as bad as some mentioned here, it's still a shitter. I'm hitting 15k miles on the clock now with no major issues so I'm quite happy - just plonder on and take it to a point. I'm not up-to-speed with the law when it comes to things like this, but Shirley if a major issue like an engine failure kept occurring, would you be in your rights to demand a refund/new car?

Comment

What I find interesting and odd about this type of issue on this engine is that the HDI engine is a very tried and tested engine with a lot of experience behind it. You would think that anything this kind of serious would have been ironed out years ago!

Comment

Working...
                          X