Unwanted Traffic Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted Traffic Announcements

Living in an area covered by several BBC local radio stations I'm bombarded with traffic announcements, most of them not relevant to where I am or where I'm going, but I don't want to switch TA off as I don't want to miss the relevant ones. I've found (well, actually read on an Alfa forum!) the easy way round the problem - just momentarily mute the radio & you'll go back to what you were listening to.

A good tip. Nice one.

What you doing lurking on Alfa forums Dave?

You an ex Alfa man too?
    1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-T View Post
      You an ex Alfa man too?
      Yes - still love the idea of an Alfa, but not the reality!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Yes - still love the idea of an Alfa, but not the reality!
        Ditto - I nearly bought a second-hand GT instead of the DS3, having lusted after one for years, but just couldn't bring myself to write the cheque (it didn't help that I couldn't get comfortable behind the wheel).

I still hanker after the Sprint Veloce that I owned many moons ago - until I remember the terminal rust, b*stard inboard brakes and electrical faults that could reduce a grown man to tears...

Comment

......but not the reality!
          Why not?!
          1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
            Ditto - I nearly bought a second-hand GT instead of the DS3, having lusted after one for years, but just couldn't bring myself to write the cheque (it didn't help that I couldn't get comfortable behind the wheel).

I still hanker after the Sprint Veloce that I owned many moons ago - until I remember the terminal rust, b*stard inboard brakes and electrical faults that could reduce a grown man to tears...
            To be fair to Alfa those sorts of problems are pretty much a thing of the past. Yes, their cars develop faults but statistically (I'd guess) they're no less reliable than the competition these days. I've had five modern Alfas since 2003 without problem and I tended to find that those people who 'knew' all about Alfa problems had either never actually owned one or not owned one since the dark ages!

There's a general perception on the Alfa forums that VW (and other German) cars are the epitomy of reliability but there are plenty of people that will tell you otherwise. Like I say, Alfa are no worse than the rest these days but suffer because of their past.
            1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

There's a general perception on the Alfa forums that VW (and other German) cars are the epitomy of reliability but there are plenty of people that will tell you otherwise. Like I say, Alfa are no worse than the rest these days but suffer because of their past.
              Couldn't agree more - I've had some grisly experiences with VAG cars (although nothing remotely as bad as with Renault ...)

What ultimately did for the GT in my case was that I have a knackered back, and the shape of the upper seat-back put me into spasm after a 30-minute test drive.

Comment

Why not?!
                As my old granny used to say, once is bad luck, twice is coincidence, three's a pattern. I had three bad Alfas; the last one, a 147 bought at three years old from an alfa dealer, is a strong candidate for the title of my worst ever car. Not unreliable in terms of letting me down on the road, but poor quality & durability compounded by appalling dealer service.

Comment

.........compounded by appalling dealer service.
                  Reg Vardy?!
                  1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Have a colleague who bought a new Mito a few months back, just before I got my DS, he hasn't had good luck with it at all, it's been back to the shop a number of times for fixes!

I have never liked the front grill area of the Alfa's personally, having the number plate on the side of the front bumper just doesn't look as good as having it central. Stupid, but that's the main reason I ain't too keen on them! Ach well.

Comment

Why not?!
                      Oops, only just spotted that!

No, Mangoletsi!

Comment

LOving the DS3 but how do you switch off Traffic Announcements completely?

Comment

Originally posted by jon stead View Post
                          LOving the DS3 but how do you switch off Traffic Announcements completely?
                          Press the TA button once.

Comment

Pressing the "TRaffic" buton just brings up a menu where you can make various selections but I don't see an option to switch it off. I will check again this morning.

Comment

I think we're talking about two different things here - sounds like you've got the satnav system.

On mine, just the normal, basic radio, pressing the TA/PTY button turns traffic announcements off & shows the message "Traffic flash inactive" on the display; pressing the button again reactivates it.

Comment

Working...
                              X