Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSport Handling

Hi there,

My names Ian, i currently own a 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S. I'm considering buying the DS3, i really like the DS3R but like many people my budget will not stretch that far so i have to settle for the DSport. My only concern is that online reviews seem to say the suspension on the DSport isn't up to so much. From everyones experience on here, how do you find the suspension and handling in the DSport, is it as sporty as you'd expect for a sport?

Much thanks in advance
    Ian

Test drive one and decide

I've only got a Dstyle and can throw her around enough and feel stuck to the road. Others with higher specs than me will help you soon though

And Welcome
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks. I've tried a test drive but the Citroen garage won't let me. I'm 21 years old, they say im too young and don't believe im serious about buying :/

Comment

I find it to be pretty impressive considering it's a Citroen!
        Very adjustable on the limit I find and you can control your line with the throttle very easily, the softer suspension set up actually helps on the usual Brit B-roads as the car can flow better over a rough surface.
        The Fiesta is pretty renowned for its handling but I think the DS3 could hold it's own, its just a different handling style to what the Fiesta seems to be like (from the reviews I'v read anyway!).
        But as said above, take a test drive!
        '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
        '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
        'We do what we must, because we can.'
        Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by lufc_lad View Post
          Thanks. I've tried a test drive but the Citroen garage won't let me. I'm 21 years old, they say im too young and don't believe im serious about buying :/
          I was only just 23 and he couldn't wait to get me in the car? Maybe try a different garage if you can, their loss if they miss out on a sale...

Comment

Originally posted by Parafilm View Post
            Maybe try a different garage if you can, their loss if they miss out on a sale...
            Yeah, I was going to say this.

When I test drove the DS3 I only took out s DSport as that was the only option. They didn't ask to see my licence etc though mind :-S Did ask if he wanted to see this and he said no . . . . .
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
              Did ask if he wanted to see this and he said no . . . . .
              Haha, brilliant.

You could have been literally anyone/thing/crazy person with a note from your mum promising you can drive.

Comment

The DSport is fine - very chuckable on the twisty bits, great on fast sweeping bends, with a very good compromise between handling, roadholding and ride. My only criticism is that the steering lacks feel and doesn't give as much feedback on the limit as I'd like. Before I drove it, I was sceptical that a small Citroen could be genuinely fun to drive, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It really is good enough to put a smile on your face. But if you like your cars to feel raw and edgy, it may not be for you.

Comment

Originally posted by lufc_lad View Post
                  I test drove two when I was 22. Find a different dealer.

With regards to your concerns over handling, they're completely unfounded. The DSport grips like shit on a shoe. Granted the DS3R holds a lot better but I've never once had problems or worries in mine.

If ever you can feel it going wide, a quick snap in the right direction and you'll feel the traction slip and pick straight back up.

Love it.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I Test drove 2 When I Was 18,

Test Drove A DS4 Last Week And Im Only 19 Now !

I Wins !

Comment

It all boils down to the kind of trade policy the garage runs which decides what the age can drive.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                        It all boils down to the kind of trade policy the garage runs which decides what the age can drive.
                        Whats Yours ? Out Of Interest ?...

Comment

Actually Zack you loose
                          I test drove 2 and im only 17 also test drove the new astra (IMO not too great)

Comment

Originally posted by Jagster93 View Post
                            also test drove the new astra (IMO not too great)
                            Agree With This !!!

Comment

Our policy is based on driver aged 18 and over, unless the vehicle in question is valued over £25,000 then the policy requires drivers to be aged over 25.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X