Rattles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattles

Hi all, noticed on a few threads people have rattles in their cars. Reminded me I have had a rattle from day one I'm guessing its from the central dash area never found it though

Anyone else got / had rattles and where/how have you resolved them if you did?

The only rattles I've had have been of my own making. Putting items in door pockets, glove box and central storage, I placed rubber/webbed/non-slip material as a base. Stops a lot of annoying rattles. ( don't know what you call the stuff but its what you would put on trays as a non-slip layer )
    Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

Originally posted by DSport+ View Post
      Hi all, noticed on a few threads people have rattles in their cars. Reminded me I have had a rattle from day one I'm guessing its from the central dash area never found it though

Anyone else got / had rattles and where/how have you resolved them if you did?
      I had a rattle/squeek where the little screen met the dashboard in the middle.. But its disappeared now

Comment

There are lots of threads covering this, I was going to post them, but there are few!!

Pop rattle in the search box, top right, and you will get some good hits

This one mentions the Dash rattle

But in answer to your question - I've never had a rattle from the dash, so can't offer much help I'm affaid! Oh, try checking your glove box for both rubber buffer things! This was my only rattle as one was missing, fixed this and it stopped.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Rattles check list;

1.) Rattle at Passenger side? - Do you have a clip for the passenger belt?
          2.) Noise from Glovebox? - Check the rubber bungs on the glovebox - prone to falling off
          3.) Squeaks from dashboard? - Check Info Rapid Thread
          4.) Squeak/rattle from drivers seat? - Move the seat belt buckle, tighten or lube.
          5.) Rattle from boot (hi-fi)? - Add foam piece to the plastic trim which houses the sub woofer.
          6.) Noise from rear seats? - Check that rear seats are 'home' and belts are not trapped.
          7.) Rattle from rear section? - Check parcel shelf - sometimes rattles with heavy bass played through radio - add foam strips
          8.) Rattle/squeak from centre dashboard? - Check trim surrounding radio/heater that meets main dashboard.
          9.) Squeak/rattle from high centre? - Check rear view mirror - sometime moving it slightly is enough.
          10.) Rattle in stereo sound and everywhere you go? - Check to see if brain is loose in head ( )

Hope that helps.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            10.) Rattle in stereo sound and everywhere you go? - Check to see if brain is loose in head ( )
            Lol
            Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Rattle around top of door - lower window a notch (seriously)

Comment

Originally posted by Heavymetalmayhem View Post
                Rattle around top of door - lower window a notch (seriously)
                Check the seal that runs across the top of the door, when the window is fully lifted it will very slightly change the profile shape of the door, if the seal is out of place then this will cause a rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  Rattles check list;

1.) Rattle at Passenger side? - Do you have a clip for the passenger belt?
                  2.) Noise from Glovebox? - Check the rubber bungs on the glovebox - prone to falling off
                  3.) Squeaks from dashboard? - Check Info Rapid Thread
                  4.) Squeak/rattle from drivers seat? - Move the seat belt buckle, tighten or lube.
                  5.) Rattle from boot (hi-fi)? - Add foam piece to the plastic trim which houses the sub woofer.
                  6.) Noise from rear seats? - Check that rear seats are 'home' and belts are not trapped.
                  7.) Rattle from rear section? - Check parcel shelf - sometimes rattles with heavy bass played through radio - add foam strips
                  8.) Rattle/squeak from centre dashboard? - Check trim surrounding radio/heater that meets main dashboard.
                  9.) Squeak/rattle from high centre? - Check rear view mirror - sometime moving it slightly is enough.

Hope that helps.

lol, and this is supposed to be Citroens premium brand! Thats a long list! Its great to see Citroen has addressed build quality issues lol

Comment

^

If someone has all of those then they definitely have a 'Friday afternoon' car!

Seriously though the list is just a general check point for people if they have a noise that they wished to trace. Build quality does tend to be in the eye of the beholder I'm afraid, I have seen many a 'premium' brand have silly issues like this and in some cases even worse.

In America a great test was done with some top motor journalists where they were blind folded and ask to identify marques of cars just by touching and feeling interior plastics - the results were very surprising! I'll try and find the article for you guys.

Comment

How about

11) Rattle from back seat - Baby on board

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                        How about

11) Rattle from back seat - Baby on board
                        ^^^
                        Or, rattles in the back, baby being made!

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
                          ^^^
                          Or, rattles in the back, baby being made!
                          You need to grease your nuts, mate!

Comment

lol, we're now talking about nuts and lube....oh dear.

Comment

Asking gf to step out of the car sometimes helps... Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X