Test Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Drives

You lot may think I am mad and it's quite funny really but I never even test drove the DS3 before I ordered one... I still haven't. The only thing I did test was a C3 and although I nearly bought one it was the sexy DS3 that was next to it in the showroom that tempted me too much and it was an instant decision at home to ring and order that instead!

So not only am I getting my new car in a couple of weeks but i'll actually drive one too for the first time!

Anyone else never drove one until picking it up?

will say the c3 suspension not as sporty as the ds but then the ds3 is a shorter 3 door version of the c3 as ya get a lot of headroom in the c3 espesh in the back wont say to much prob get shot for saying a c3 is a ds3 missing 2 doors and a curved roof lol oh n the front led's

and welcome to the club
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Hi and Welcome,

The cars I get for my other half (all new or newish) I just ask her if she fancies one and I sort it, she doesn't even see the car let alone test drive them! I love just turning up with them!

When I had company cars I often selected off a list without testing some, for example I ordered a top spec A4, but somehow I knew I'd like it and I did!

Nowadays I'm quite keen to sense the ride and feel the suspension and try and find out if it might be rattly as I won't drive a rattly car...enough said about that subject publicly for now!

Regards,
      Clive.
      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Emily refuses to test drive any cars and gets me to do it for her. Ive never bought without driving it first myself though.
        Saying that i have bought motorbikes without testing them first but thats because i didn't have a licence at the time.
        C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

i test drove a c3 just because I originally was going for a 110HDi but saw the white edition and wanted to see how nippy the 90HDi was
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

I let the wife test drive the buy the opposite.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

There were no DS3 Racings around when I ordered mine September last year, I did however have a test drive in a Black Edition with a 120 petrol engine, which was all they had available at the time. Although nothing like the Racing in many ways it still gave me a good insight into things like what the visibility was like for the driver and how good the ergonomics are. I'm pretty certain I would still have ordered the Racing even if I hadn't been able to test drive any of the DS3 range, I have previously bought new cars without test driving just simply followed my heart.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I once bought a Rover 216 like Hyacinth Bucket and the same colour without a test drive coz I thought the wife wanted it. She let me buy it coz she thought I wanted it. We both hated it, lol.

Nothing like driving out of Elgin with one of the wires on fire in the dashboard. I shout "Save the dogs love, I've got the fish and chips" lol. Unfortunately it didn't all go up in a ball of flames so had to suffer it for ages.

Comment

Working...
                X