Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeees, saved £295 on my insurance renewal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeees, saved £295 on my insurance renewal!

Renewal quote - £695

Previous 'comparethemarket.com' cheapest quote (3 weeks ago) - £604

Todays 'comparethemarket.com' cheapest quote - £400 :cool:

So, took my 4 years custom away from elephant, and switched to SwiftCover!

Even better bonus, elephant was 10 months policy, and SwiftCover is 12!

So 27, 5 years ncb, fault claim and 3 points. Cheap yea! It pays to be old - or rather it doesnt!
    63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
    X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
    12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
    60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

I'm with Swiftcover and the best thing about it is the one thing that don't mention on the ads. The ability to amend your own policy without being charged!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've just got a quote with Swiftcover who were £42 more expensive than Liverpool Victoria

Comment

27 is old now?

Comment

Recently I've started using Money Supermarket for comparisons and have had the best quotes from them with Admiral. Admittedly I'm getting on a bit, but I thought £295 for my Racing was pretty good, especially when I lost my no-claims last year after the incident with a deer!

Comment

Hi all :-) I'm a 1st timer on here!!

I've just taken delivery of a new dsport+ hdi110 and I'm shocked and stunned to find the cheapest insurance I can find is £550 and considering I'll be 40 next year without any claims or convictions and 12 yrs NCD!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthg210 View Post
              Hi all :-) I'm a 1st timer on here!!

I've just taken delivery of a new dsport+ hdi110 and I'm shocked and stunned to find the cheapest insurance I can find is £550 and considering I'll be 40 next year without any claims or convictions and 12 yrs NCD!!
              Hi and welcome,

I'm 10+ years older than you, no points claims etc, and will have my DStyle+ Vti 120 as a second car, with both myself and my wife as named drivers, with it being used for both business and personal mileage on an annual mileage of 8k and Liverpool Victoria have just quoted me £274 fully comp, with protected no claims and legal cover.

You might want to give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
                Hi and welcome,

I'm 10+ years older than you, no points claims etc, and will have my DStyle+ Vti 120 as a second car, with both myself and my wife as named drivers, with it being used for both business and personal mileage on an annual mileage of 8k and Liverpool Victoria have just quoted me £274 fully comp, with protected no claims and legal cover.

You might want to give them a try.
                Hi and thanks for the welcome

It was LV who were the cheapest at £550!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthg210 View Post

It was LV who were the cheapest at £550!!
                  You sure you told them you live in Sunderland not Kabul lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    I'm with Swiftcover and the best thing about it is the one thing that don't mention on the ads. The ability to amend your own policy without being charged!
                    YES, this is invaluable. Or actually very valuable - £30 a time to change anything with Elephant
                    63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
                    X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
                    12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
                    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
                    60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
                    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
                    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
                    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

You sure you told them you live in Sunderland not Kabul lol
                      For that price I reckon I'd get more discount in Kabul!! Lol....

There's a long story behind this, but basically the short version is my renewal was due on the 23oct but my new car was delayed and i had sold my old one, so therefore i didn't have a car to insure on my renewal, I got a renewal quote on a DS3 of the same spec as my new one at...... Wait for it......£288.10 :-0 And then 12 days later ie today go to insure it at that price and it's drastically changed to £658.57! With a 'sorry Mr Gray there's nothing we can do'..... Grrr!!

Comment

About £280 quote for my renewal - 12000 miles per annum, class 1 business cover, £150 excess, protected bonus on a DSport Plus 150THP...

I think they've under rated these little 0-60 rockets in 7 seconds!

Regards,
                        Clive.
                        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Im jelous of you all try £1200 and on top of that I'm paying monthly so I'm paying out £1900 I love car insurance. :mad:
                          DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Originally posted by PlymTom View Post
                            Im jelous of you all try £1200 and on top of that I'm paying monthly so I'm paying out £1900 I love car insurance. :mad:
                            £700 interest! Thieving Ba$tards :mad:

Couldn't you get a 12 month bank/building society loan to reduce the interest charge?

Comment

£700 interest! Thieving Ba$tards :mad:

Couldn't you get a 12 month bank/building society loan to reduce the interest charge?
                              nope ;(
                              DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Working...
                              X