Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the story on finance deal mods?

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows what is allowed and not allowed with regards to modifying my ds3 when its on a finance deal. Is it a case of nothing is allowed at all or some things are some things arnt allowed?

Cheers

My understanding was that if it's going back to the dealership at the end everything needs to be returned to standard.

I've been wrong before though..
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      My understanding was that if it's going back to the dealership at the end everything needs to be returned to standard.

I've been wrong before though..
      so if i was to put some upgraded speakers in or something and just take em out when it goes back that'd probs be ok?

Comment

Try It...

You Can Be Our Pioneer...

Anybody See What I Did There ? xD

Comment

Yes Zack very witty.

definitely slipping in your old age.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Anything you do to the car must come with permission from the finance company as they own the car until you make the final payment. If you change or modify things without this then you can be held in breach of your agreement.

Also don't forget to tell your insurance company as well, because if you make a claim and they find you have done something then they are in a position to void your insurance.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

If its a lease or contract then I wouldnt even think about modding it.

If you have bought it on a personal loan then you should be able to do what you want. However, as Biggie says you must inform your insurance company. If you fail to declare any modification then they could refuse to honor any insurance that you have taken out with them. Worst case scenario is that they pay out third party then take you to court to reclaim their costs. My insurance went from a very comfortable £250 for a standard THP to £800 per year for a heavily modified one. The thing is my insurance company have a detailed list of my modifications so will in the hopefully unlikely event that I may need to claim will not be in a legal position to slide out of a payment.

What I am really getting at is check first before modding if it is your own car.

Comment

I forwarded your question to Citroen Financial Services and here is their response;

Thank you for your email. The customer should not change the vehicle in any way during the agreement as if it were ever returned to us it would have to be in the same condition as when it was sold. If, for example, the customer ever did a voluntary termination and the vehicle had changed, we wouldn't be able to accept it back until it had been returned to its original condition.

If we can be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Customer Service Team on 0845 313 3805, or alternatively you can email us at ukcustomerservices@mpsa.com

Kind regards

Customer Services

Hope that clears everything up.
                Last edited by Bigfeet; 28-11-2011, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  I forward your question to Citroen Financial Services and here is their response;

Hope that clears everything up.
                  So technically you shouldn't modify the car HOWEVER, if the car does need to be returned at any point so long as it's back to standard you'll be fine.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Right. Their ruling only comes into effect if you hand back the car to the finance company and NOT when you PX.

Be careful here though as you don't won't to do expensive mods to the car if they are going to cost a fortune to put back again when your plan is to hand back at the end of your agreement.

Comment

I'm screwed then

Comment

Or not . Lol

Comment

and they wont complain if you hand it back with genuine optional extras i.e chrome trims etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nicksharp400 View Post
                            and they wont complain if you hand it back with genuine optional extras i.e chrome trims etc.
                            Thats because bits like that are usually fitted by the dealer and thus are covered by a labour warranty. Also items like the chrome are made by the manufacture and are also warranted in the same fashion rather than after market items from eBay.

Comment

cheers for all your replys,

the finance deal is from citroen themselves so it seems to me if i was to add uprated speakers that could be easily replaced when i take it back it will be fine?
                              ill ring up my dealer later and ask i think

Comment

Working...
                              X