Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go on- give me the horn

Help appreciated - wheres the location of the horn? Still no DS3 manual out

I think its down the bottom of the drivers side but any help (Photo) appreciated as wanna swap out the factory fitted horn

Dont really wanna remove any bumper/panels so can you get to it of a ramp? or axle stand

Only want the bleeding switch wire

Factory fitted horn hardly the most macho- bit like a small trumpet or Road runner!!!

Thanks- CBlue
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

The Search Button Is Your Friend...

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...highlight=horn

Yeah it's Down The Bottom Of The Drivers Side

Comment

And the only way to access it seems to be by removing the entire front bumper assembly

Comment

Correct. You'll need to take the full bumper off. Should take you about 30 minutes to get the bumper off in total.

I snipped the wires from the original horn and hooked them up to my aftermarket one so I can use the button behind the steering wheel still.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Is the bumper just nuts n bolts? A bit drastic just to find a switch wire

Could the switch wire be traced to where it enters the engine compartment
          from the steering wheel

Could you do it via a ramp or axle stand rather than taking the bumper off

Just dont wanna wreck the front end

Or shall I just use my best friend to find out? Thanks CBlue
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I only propped up the offside corner on a normal axle just to make it easier to get to the bolts.

There's a bolt under the wheel arch you need to undo, one behind the DRL's under the headlights, 4/5 under the front bumber and 4/5 at the front of the engine bay. You'll then need to undo some clips and pull it away gently.

You can try tracing the switch wire or just create your own switch, take out the headlights and try and squeeze a horn in the space under there..
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

theres a decent space under the air intake next to the battery

Comment

Working...
              X