Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeky armrest... Warranty?

Morning guys and girls,
    My Dstyle+'s armrest has developed a really anooying squuek whenever you rest your arm on it! Has anyone else had this problem? Will citroen replace under warranty?

I doubt that Citroen will replace it under warranty, I take it the noise happens when you put load onto the arm rest rather then just rest an arm on it? Does the squeak happen when you put load on with the cubby open, sometime the latch is at fault. My thought is that the leather is what is squeaking.

Our arm rest squeaked a little but as the leather settled after a leather treatment the noise is gone.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I will check tonight and get back, i think it is a plastic on plastic type squeek not the leather though.

Comment

Maybe whack a bit of WD40 on the hinges? Unless its coming from another area of the arm rest that is.
        Sport Red DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

Its the arm rest, mine done it for the first week, its leather against leather, cars now 6 weeks old and its "bedded" in doesn't make a noise anymore

Comment

That's good to know as mines making a noise that's getting right on my nerves
            61 DSport + e-hdi airdream
            V5 STI Type R Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by matto View Post
              Morning guys and girls,
              My Dstyle+'s armrest has developed a really anooying squuek whenever you rest your arm on it! Has anyone else had this problem? Will citroen replace under warranty?
              are you actually serious ??

Comment

anyone remember the old golf telly ad

Comment

Don't Go Into Your Dealer... They'll Be Laughing At You...

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                    anyone remember the old golf telly ad
                    The squeaky ear-rings one? Classic!

Backfired a bit on VW, that, as every Golf owner from then on expected their cars to drive as smoothly & quietly as a RR, which of course they didn't!

Could explain why VW consistently underperforms Skoda in owners' surveys - Skoda owners are pleasantly surprised that their cars aren't as crappy as the old jokes suggest, while VW owners expect their cars to be perfect because of the smug adverts, which of course they're not (also, VW dealerships tend to be full of supercilious knobs, and they overcharge for servicing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedredc2 View Post
                      are you actually serious ??

Yep!!

Comment

I have the same problem with my 2010 DS3 sport recently purchased. Its a plastic on plastic noise rather than the leather squeeking. Your right it is REALLY annoying!!!! I sat in a new one in the showroom and its silent; looks like they have changed the type of plastic on the new one. Not sure how much a replacement is, will consider it thought if I can't get rid of it. Let us know if the dealer actually did anything (apart from laughing)!

Comment

Acme plastic oil is whats required here............

Comment

Do a lot of people use the rest? I'm still waiting on my DS3 but when I test drove the car I wasn't sure if I liked it. Felt it was in the way a bit when changing gears so would maybe only use it when cruising the motorways..

sigpic
                            Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

It gets in the way of the handbrake but you get used to that, no problem changing gears, mines an auto. You can of course drive with the armrest upright.

Comment

Working...
                              X