Proposal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal Help

I know this is probably a very odd thread...

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend, however I am not sure what to do or how to do it. I want to do something memorable, special & romantic. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Please share your experiences and what you did too.

Thankyou everyone in advance! It means a lot!

Not married/engaged myself but my sister's boyfriend proposed to her on holiday in their hotel room, nothing too fancy (he was secretly filming it too though!).

I'd avoid public proposals, but going out for a day/evening/weekend and finding a nice secluded spot should always go down well. Especially if it's something related to what's special for you as a couple.

A couple I know were just out for a picnic one evening without the kids and he smuggled some champagne and strawberries and proposed to her with a note written in Gallifreyan (? - not a Dr. Who watcher myself so may have spelt that wrong).

If you have to put too much thought into planning then it won't be natural, but if you don't think it through at all it could be a disaster too. It's a difficult one for sure!

A nice holiday is always a good one, as you have several days/nights to pick what you feel to be the perfect moment. Plan a few nice things to do and if any of them go down really well then BAM, pop the question. Spontanious action will probably keep you from panicking. Hope some of this helps!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

A friend of mine took his girlfriend to Iceland to see the northern lights, hot springs etc, looked really good, she said yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We went away for the weekend to a posh hotel, I planned lots of things to do during the days and a nice meal on the Saturday evening and decided that I would pick the 'right moment' rather than plan it out and risk looking awkward (well obviously proposing is awkward anyway )

In the end I proposed on a beautiful walk by a folly/castle type thing - she said yes so it can't have been too bad !

Oh, one small tip - don't do it on a hot air balloon ride. My mate planned to do this but after 4 early morning alarms and then cancellations due to the weather he changed his plans

Good luck
        sigpic

Comment

It's a tricky one!

Does she catch on quickly to things when you are up to something? For example, do you go out for meals often - if the answer is no and you planned a nice meal, followed by a walk and the the question, would she be thinking the whole time - what issssssssss he up to? We never do this kind of thing...Something must be up.. what has he done.... what is is going to do.... is he going to propose to me? OMG what if he does... is he going to do it here... what will he say....
          I mean, not to say all girls minds go off on a weird train of thought when something out of the ordinary happens!

But then it depends if you wanted it to be built up like that.

Could always create a mini treasure hunt - build it up so it's obvious but she is so smitten she just wants you to ask her - so the trail could be full of little memories you have together and pictures and token things like theatre tickets stumps, silly things if something so bad happened you both found it hilarious looking back - dropping a tin of paint in the new house you where decorating, fighting over something really trivial, where you first met etc. Any amount of cute thought process like printing of pictures so you have put a typically un manish twist of things.

I'm with Ben on the public thing, its really embarrassing - for both of you!

Definitely needs to be special to her though, she might really enjoy something like..... birds of prey (bear with) so take her to a falconry centre. set it up so she can get a bird to fly over to her - unbeknown to her you have set it up so it lands on her arm with the ring... Insert Harry Potter fans and Barn Owls also.

She loves cooking - book on a cookery course and set something up to have the ring hidden in the final dish

Gardening - go out and buy a load of new season plants for the garden - let her dig and potter away. Offer to make her a cup of tea and and biscuits, ask her around here and then present her with something like an engagement rose, or this: https://www.glut.co.uk/products/rules-of-engagement

Book a gin tasting day - before you both have too much you could set something up at the venue

Top tip of what not to do - have a chat about it over breakfast and decide you might as well get married as it's just the next thing to do - my friend did this -_-
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Whatever happened to gender equality? Let her propose to you and save yourself another few years ;oP

j/k, good luck!!!
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
            X