Bottom end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom end

Can you get to the bottom end without taking the engine out think the bearings have gone just what I need before trax!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't think so. You'll have to remove the gearbox, which is a pain if you don't have a lift. Also the top has to come off, so this means all the engine mounts will have to be removed. The engine will fall out eventually . Sorry...

Comment

Ill have a look weekend.ohhh Ohh God so if I support and unscrew the gear box and mounts will the engine just pop out once I've disconnected everything else

Comment

Well, kinda. You'll be taking the gearbox off, can't keep it in the car. It will have to go. That removes the support on the right and bottom. If you remove the top left one the engine will be coming out. Also remove the manifolds and whatnot. Which bearing are you talking about ?
        Last edited by V3nn3tj3; 22-08-2017, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3
          Well, kinda. You'll be taking the gearbox off, can't keep it in the car. It will have to go. That removes the support on the right and bottom. If you remove the top left one the engine will be coming out. Also remove the manifolds and whatnot. Which bearing are you talking about ?
          Ahh right ok I'm sure I'd manage it bearings on the crank might have to replace the crankshaft to if it's damaged

Comment

For big ends only you can do with the engine in providing the crankshaft isn't worn as well.
            For the mains then it's an engine out job for sure.
            Take engine and box out together as one unit then split apart.
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Cheers Jamie going to have a look weekend see what the crack is if it's not them then I don't know what it can unless it's pre ignition knock sounds if it's coming from back underneath the inlet manifold

Comment

Working...
              X