X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying 2015 ds3

hi guys....
    just joined.
    thinking of buying my first ds3 this weekend....
    see pic - i think these we cars look bloody great

are these lights the xenon ones ?? never seen these before as i always been looking at airdream ones.
    and are the back ones the new led ones ?

off for read around the forum

jon

Comment

Looks good.

You're correct, the fronts are xenons and the rear are LEDs.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Nice looking car, looks in good condition. Fronts are indeed xenon and the back ones are the mirror style LED ones.
        I adore the xenon lights, they're just so damn expensive to buy separately

Welcome!
        DStort
        DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead
          I adore the xenon lights, they're just so damn expensive to buy separately
          Same. They look great and are a lot brighter than standard (Kat has them). Shame they cost so much.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Is it a petrol or diesel?
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

hi guys...thanks for replys....it diesel...see thats where i got the problem....i dont use the car that much, and i,m shit scared in case the filter buggers up....so......i am also looking at this one as well up in glasgow - it petrol, so no worries about any filter buggering up....dunno if i,m keen on the roof bit tbh....looks naff when down lol - what you all think ?
              convertible one >>
              https://www.arnoldclark.com/used-car...arnbs-u-521076

Comment

both have leather, but the convertible has the - Connect signature pack - i take it thats bluetooth streaming spotify from my phone to car device ? - i cant edit any post to ad anything else i think of...sorry

Comment

The diesel will be fine if you give it a motorway blast in lower gears about once a week. And you'll want to - they're very fun to drive fast

The THP petrol engines have their own faults too which you'd probably want even less, however the THP165 you're looking at has addressed many of the earlier issues and is more reliable than previous iterations.
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I sold my 2013 eHDi 115 diesel last year as I no longer did the miles to warrant owning one and like you I was concerned at the cost of a blocked DPF

As Ben said above, if you're happy to ensure you go for a low gear 20 min blast at v regular intervals then you'll be fine as these will hopefully trigger the DPF cleaning cycle. If you don't want to do this and will be doing less than 12k miles a a year I'd be looking for a petrol engine DS3 (research the reported faults on some of these as well).

For me, I bought a petrol car and am enjoying less than 12k miles a year and no DPF worries.
                    sigpic

Comment

Firstly, welcome to the club and forum. I have the e-HDi 115 and I don't do huge mileage either now, but I Iove it and am keeping it. Like BenS and LFC have already said, if you blast it for 20 mins once a week on the motorway (and believe me you will want to, just to feel the surprising pull of this engine and it's great fun to do so and still makes me smile) the DPF regeneration cycle kicks in and it burns all the cack out!

Aaaaah the xenon headlights, every DS3 owner who doesn't have them wants them, but like Moonhead says, they are very expensive. I'm planning on keeping mine for a good few years, so I'm hoping they will drop in price so I can get a set on mine eventually.

Look forward to see what you go for.
                      ​​​
                      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

hi guys....
                        i decided to go with the black cabrio / pertol.....never had one or these cars, never mind the cabrio bit lol.....but i was over concerned about the diesel filter, as i really dont do much mileage at all....around 2000 max per yr !!....i run business from home, and only need car so i can get to my elderly father ( 80 ) quickly, incase he takes not well...and for my fat ass to get to asda and back...so the petrol one will give me less of a worry/hassle, and i want to see whats it like to drive a cabrio......but in scotland, it wont be down much !!

Comment

Nice choice, for only 2k miles a year I would stay away from diesels so I think that's a good call
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome along nice choice

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              Nice choice, for only 2k miles a year I would stay away from diesels so I think that's a good call
                              Yep agreed for 2000 miles a year, a diesel is totally unsuitable for you. Get some pics up, if you can, so we can all take a look at your new toy.
                              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X