Real world MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real world MPG

I traded in my DSport plus 6 speed 155BHP in March for a new Ds3 performance line 1.6 100 BHP diesel, although the spec is slightly lower ( auto lights, wipers and dimming mirror etc) I'm loving the new car. Although the5 speed diesel engine isn't as easy to drive on rural roads im loving the MPG, some days I'll do 194 miles round trip to work and get 69 MPG. Does anyone else have this engine and what MPG do you achieve?
    Wrighty

Heard of some people getting into the 70s on long trips!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Good effort - I had the 2013 eHDI 115 diesel and averaged around 56-60mpg on mixed driving. With cruise on motorways and a gentle drive it would nudge higher but could never have sustained 69mpg.

Problem is I like rapid acceleration
      sigpic

Comment

If my driving style was toned down I'd get better in my 115 diesel

But yep, long journeys are around 70.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

One thing I've done lately is set cruise control at 67 mph on the motorway and dual carriageway which has improved MPG by roughly 5. I'm in the driver training business and deliver fuel efficiency courses also!

Comment

If my the roads I used less frequently weren't the M6 and the M1 I'd do the same! But as most will know, it varies from 0 - 90mph (I mean 70 obviously)
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I'm on the northern section of the M25 then the A12 to work which doesn't help sometimes either but when I'm down to 60mph the MPG is much improved.

Comment

Yep I'm getting between 50 and 60mpg on my mixed driving. Sometimes I just have to drive it hard to appreciate this engines capabilities and I do - frequently.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X