Catch can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch can

Made most of today on first catch can in is there any sort of a filter I can put in the can

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Kieron
    Made most of today put on the first catch can in is there any sort of a filter I can put in the can

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen anyone else put a filter in a can that didn't already have one (from memory the super expensive ones) Kieron. If you're planning to bin the collected gunk off I don't think you need to filter it.
      sigpic

Comment

Mine hasn't got one was just a thought and don't want the oil going back in the system once it's in the can I might try a sponge once I get another can I'll be putting that on the front pcv I've seen some with them built inside them but like you said there not cheap

Comment

I thought the point was that the catch can held the deposit until you empty it out and dispose of it ? Do some recirculate then ?
          sigpic

Comment

What I'm trying to say is once it's in the can I don't want the oil being sucked back in so if I put a sponge or some type in the can it will filter the oil and the vapour will be clean going back in the engine if you get me im not very good at explaining things

Comment

You saying that the can is completely empty? Lines just coming in and line going out of a can with nothing in there at all? The vapour does not pass through something to cause the oil and of course water to drop out of suspension and collect in the bottom. If that is the case you should not bother installing it. It would do absolutely nothing.
              If you mean the oil/water that collects at the bottom it is not a worry as long as you empty it when say less than 1/2 full. Regularly checking the level and emptying it should allay any fears of sucking the crap into the engine.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                I thought the point was that the catch can held the deposit until you empty it out and dispose of it ? Do some recirculate then ?
                There is a type of separator that returns the oil to the engine. They are expensive. Other than that do not know much about them. http://perrinperformance.com/i-14908...r-wrx-sti.html
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks cyclone - I've not seen that type before.
                  sigpic

Comment

some catch cans have baffles in, or some home made ones have graded steel wool in them, to catch all the much that then can be sent back out
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                    X