Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unusual aspect about my 2nd hand Ds3

Hey guys,

couple of different questions about my DS3. I bought it 2nd hand from a private seller.

1. VIN number printed letters. In mine, It shows on both door's window and rear (the boot one). However, the tinted ones on the back passenger seats and the windshield look all Citroen original but they don't have the VIN. I looked other DS3 or C3 and they are pretty inconsistent too; is the car from factory supposed to have all VIN printed on each window?

2. OIL OK checking light = according to the manual, it should show for a couple of second at ignition stage, however in mine it doesn't show at all. I read about some modification on 2013-14 models where Citroen removed the feature, would you confirm it?

3. Cables under the seat. The attached picture is taken from the passenger seat, and there are a black connector and a white connector, however in the driver there is just the white one. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

Attached Files

Hi, what type is it? Year?

About the vin numbers. They don't come printed on the windows, well not in belgium or france so don't know how they ended up there.

Don't know about the oil check message.

And these are the connectors to the airbag and the pressure sensor in the seat. They should have both on both seats. Can't check as mine are heated and i have a lot more running under the seat.

Comment

When I took my seats out I seem to recall there being a difference between the two. I can check later as the old ones are still in storage.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
        When I took my seats out I seem to recall there being a difference between the two. I can check later as the old ones are still in storage.
        thanks a lot, let me know if you have a sec, a bit worried now as it is the airbag cable.. an Citroen told me I need to book an appointment, which i will definitely do at some point

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
          Hi, what type is it? Year?

About the vin numbers. They don't come printed on the windows, well not in belgium or france so don't know how they ended up there.

Don't know about the oil check message.

And these are the connectors to the airbag and the pressure sensor in the seat. They should have both on both seats. Can't check as mine are heated and i have a lot more running under the seat.
          thanks a lot for your feedback

Comment

I can confirm that for both seats, the wiring from the big black plug connecting seat to floor wiring splits into two bundles - one going to a small black connector and one going to a small white connector. The white one is for side airbags I believe, so very important to have on both. The lack of black plug on the driver's side would indicate that the seatbelt warning indicator will not be working. What happens if you drive down the road at over 10mph without a seatbelt on?
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS
              I can confirm that for both seats, the wiring from the big black plug connecting seat to floor wiring splits into two bundles - one going to a small black connector and one going to a small white connector. The white one is for side airbags I believe, so very important to have on both. The lack of black plug on the driver's side would indicate that the seatbelt warning indicator will not be working. What happens if you drive down the road at over 10mph without a seatbelt on?
              Surely it won't need a pressure sensor because there is always a driver?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
              DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

What happens if you drive down the road at over 10mph without a seatbelt on?
                If it's like mine the warning bell rings and rings and rings till I fixed the broken wire under the seat from the seatbelt buckle to the little white plug.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                  Surely it won't need a pressure sensor because there is always a driver?
                  If the driver is a numpty and forgets to put their belt on, they get a handy reminder in the form of incessant beeping.

Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS
                    If the driver is a numpty and forgets to put their belt on, they get a handy reminder in the form of incessant beeping.
                    Ah I thought you were talking about the pressure sensor, (The one my dog sets off when she's riding shotgun haha) not the seatbelt alarm.

DStort
                    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Thanks, very weird and worrying as I do have just the white connector on the driver and the seat belts alarm work perfectly on both front seats in case they don't get fastened. And I'm afraid the black one belongs actually to the airbag. I hope i didn't get scammed by the seller

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                        Ah I thought you were talking about the pressure sensor, (The one my dog sets off when she's riding shotgun haha) not the seatbelt alarm.

Moonhead, just to make sure, would you mind to check underneath your driver seat to check how many connectors you see? I would really appreciate it! Thanks

Comment

Ahh that's not good. At least you're very thorough in checking your new car over and spotted it in the first place! What's happened to the wires coming out of the seat? Are they tucked out of the way?

I'm not so sure the airbag is disconnected, as when changing my seats I had the radio on and as soon as I disconnected the main plug it flashed a big "WARNING - AIRBAG DISCONNECTED" at me. But it's much better to be safe than sorry and booking in at Citroen might not be a bad idea.
                          Join the Facebook Group!
                          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Ahh that's not good. At least you're very thorough in checking your new car over and spotted it in the first place! What's happened to the wires coming out of the seat? Are they tucked out of the way?

I'm not so sure the airbag is disconnected, as when changing my seats I had the radio on and as soon as I disconnected the main plug it flashed a big "WARNING - AIRBAG DISCONNECTED" at me. But it's much better to be safe than sorry and booking in at Citroen might not be a bad idea.
                            They're tucked in nicely, they don't look messed up I noticed it while vacuuming that area. Still hoping it is just the model (1.2 vti 2014), if it is the sign of a major hidden issue (like the car being in a accident) they could have bypassed any warning light, though the airbags look in place. Weird, while waiting for Citroen appointment I hope somebody else share their "wire situation" underneath the driver seat.

Comment

Working...
                            X