Help needed - Tyre Pressure Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - Tyre Pressure Sensors

Unfortunately, have destroyed two Bellone rims and tyres on my wife's DS3. Already have two good replacement (used) tyres and two new rims are on order. Can the tyre pressure sensors be transferred from the damaged wheels to the new wheels? If yes, how are they removed from the old wheels? Hope someone can help me with practical advice.

As far as I know there are no pressure sensors on rims the tyre pressure are monitored by the rotation speed of each wheel
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

^ What he said, there are no sensors, well there wasn't on my 2013 eHDi anyway
      sigpic

Comment

Many thanks "peter m" and "Ifcrule1972", you've put my mind at rest. I'm really glad to hear that. On a previous car which had sensors built in as part of the valves, when I switched to winter tyres on a different set of rims there was always an issue of the car periodically flagging an error message "tyre pressures not monitored" accompanied by an annoying alarm beep.

Comment

What you will have to do is once all tyre pressures have been checked you will have to go into menu and reset tyre pressure monitor hope you understand what I mean
          DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

No problems! Many thanks "peter m". The use of the wheel speed via the ABS sensor all makes sense because the warning light came on after I fitted the space saver spare. Thanks again!

Comment

I sent a reply to your PM about this before I saw the post!  As above there is no physical sensor as the system counts the rotation rate from the ABS sensor, just plug and go!
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                I sent a reply to your PM about this before I saw the post!Â$%^&*#@ As above there is no physical sensor as the system counts the rotation rate from the ABS sensor, just plug and go!
                What is this Biggie? It was in your other post I just read too....
                sigpic

Comment

^^^ Looks like an ASCII error to me.
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

What is this Biggie? It was in your other post I just read too....
                    Do you think the forum is reading my mind as I type...!
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                    X