Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

61plate (5weeks old) HDI-e gear box issues????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61plate (5weeks old) HDI-e gear box issues????

Hi all, ok so the DS3 is at Citroen. Gear box won't roll into 1st gear above 5mph and it's hard work getting into first gear full stop! Any one had any similar issues?

Also never came with rubbers on the glove box from factory so rattles like crazy!

Drivers doors drips water in the rain!

Blemish in paintwork on dash!

And engine management light has been coming on and off since it only had 150miles on the clock!

Stil love it tho!

i took delivery of my ds3 e hdi on 1st dec and engine fault/eco mode de activated came on at 179 miles, then engine mgmt light came on 1st problem was safety catch had not been moved from tensioner b4 delivery. the 2nd fault was the heat start blocks had gone....i think this may be a prob with new ds3 as they had problems getting the part.
    On the plus side i love the car...it's a dream to drive (when the dash is not lit up like a xmas tree lol)!

Talking about the gear box i've had a few issues with reverse....it beeps to say in gear (rear parking sensor) but the car won't actually move, i have to take it out of reverse and put it back in??? (and before anyone says anything yes i'd released the handbrake!!!) :-)

Comment

Sounds like i've got some fun to come, i'm just waiting for my new DS3 to turn up lol
      2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Haha! Heat start block? That could be what's wrong with mine. Engine management normally comes on when cold. Got her on December the 16th so had a few cold days and she sounds rough when she's cold! Like some boy racers fitted a K+N air filter!
        Will let you know out come about gear box! As mine's covered 2800k now in just 5weeks! Had to borrow a 54plate 206 today!!! Was like driving a skip! Nasty! I lease my DS3 as I'm a driving instructor so I'm getting a brand new one for ye next week!!! in Yellow! Lmao! Comes in the morning while my Black Mumba gets fixed x

Comment

pick mine up on friday hope its not like this!! lol

Comment

Enjoy Friday! Lovely cars! Puts a smile on my face, I'd be expecting some sort of defect if I was you. Just make sure you give it a proper once over. Sure it be fine. Mine gets battered by students. You must be excited for Friday have fun.

Comment

if there is any defects there car wont be accepted. the dealer are aware of this also. so if there are any they have untill friday to touch it up as the car arrived today

Comment

Atleast other peeps having similiar engine management light probs to me has confirmed there is an issue with the e-hdi. Everytime mine has been back to the dealer it has somehow behaved itself which makes you feel like a liar when they say "sorry it's not stored any fault codes so we can't find anything wrong with it". Out of curiosity chelle/shaun has your mpg dropped like a stone?....sounds like the parts i had replaced and they took over a month to get.
                And yes i like to have a whinge but i still like the car enough to keep it....for now lol, all depends if they can ever fix it :rolleyes:
                Last edited by studly; 24-01-2012, 20:03.
                Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

At last mine is fixed and i can finally start to enjoy driving it! My car now has 1500 miles on clock and i'm only getting 47.8mpg...which is a little lower than expected to be honest. I won't complain as it's much better than the 30mpg i was getting out of my astra twin top!
                  :-) . it def sounds like the heat start blocks if you are only getting fault when you first start the engine!!!! i suspect this has been a common fault if they have a problem sourcing the parts!

Hope you get sorted!

Comment

Got my black mamba back today. Something to do with connections with 1st and 2nd gears! No idea. What ever it was, they replaced and fixer her. Was enjoying driving the courtesy Yellow DS. but glad my girls back home! Lmao.
                    My glove box came with no rubbers so was rattling away, but now it's the yellow DS3's problem as I have taken the rubbers for my DS. also waiting on a decision to replace the high gloss dash as there's an imperfection in the paint. Door was adjusted as was leaking when raining! Grrrr! But surprise, suprise nothing was said or found about the engine management light coming on. As soon as I switched her on the service light came on! Joke!

Gonna treat her to a wax Sunday. Think I have an unhealthy addiction with my car!

MPG is gr8! Had a 1.4tdci 60plate fiesta Titanium! That was eating £90-100 a week! Spending about £60 a week in the DS. Covered 3200miles in 5weeks so far

Comment

Studley gr8 car list! Here is mine, no joke.
                      1)pug 106 xn (1998)
                      2)Smart fortwo (54 plate)
                      3)Corsa 1.0!!!!!! Energy (54plate)
                      4)Citroen C2 VTR(04plate)
                      5)Fiat Grande punto(2006)
                      6)Citroen C4 VTR+(55plate)
                      7)Corsa sxi(2007)
                      8)Fiesta ST white (2006)
                      9)Fiesta zetec (1999!!!!!! Bad times!)
                      10)BMW 316i se (1995!!!!)
                      11)Pug 207 hdi s (2009)
                      12)fiesta style tdci (2009)