New DS3 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DS3 owner

Hi there guys. New owner here. I have a poverty spec DS3 with the lovely 3 cylinder engine. A few questions if that's ok?

Anyone getting more then 51mpg at 70mph? Really happy with the economy.
    What's that shelf for under the screen? A thin pencil?
    How do I turn the radio off?
    Do they all sound like a wasp in a jam jar?
    Anyone else surprised at the handling? It's brilliant!
    How come the cam belt runs in oil and is inside the block? How the hell does that get changed?
    Why do the wipers go so slow when on fast?
    Why does the black vinyl on my door look like a three year old has stuck it on?
    Could they not have devised a worse cup holder if they had tried?

I had Xantias for years and loved the Citroën quirks. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Steve.

Originally posted by Stepto View Post
    Hi there guys. New owner here. I have a poverty spec DS3 with the lovely 3 cylinder engine. A few questions if that's ok?

Anyone getting more then 51mpg at 70mph? Really happy with the economy. Heard of lots getting high economy with these
    What's that shelf for under the screen? A thin pencil? Pretty much, it's residual space from changing the head units over but can't be removed as the new unit is behind it
    How do I turn the radio off? You can't, you can only mute it by holding both volume buttons on the steering column stalk
    Do they all sound like a wasp in a jam jar? Can't help you there, don't have the engine
    Anyone else surprised at the handling? It's brilliant! They're very fun little cars, decent suspension compared to the C3. They're the spiritual successor to the excellent C2 handling
    How come the cam belt runs in oil and is inside the block? How the hell does that get changed? It's a chain not a belt
    Why do the wipers go so slow when on fast? There should be a super fast option if you keep pushing the stick up
    Why does the black vinyl on my door look like a three year old has stuck it on? It's pretty naff, mines peeling away at the top
    Could they not have devised a worse cup holder if they had tried? Check out the club shop for a custom made decent cup holder

I had Xantias for years and loved the Citroën quirks. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Steve.
    Welcome, replies in quote
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Oh does the 3 cyl DS3 come with a cup holder ? My 2013 DSport+ didn't - I had to buy the rubber accessory
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies.

When the oil filler cap cap is removed I'm sure I can see a toothed belt?

And I'll be getting a cup holder then! Lol!

The wiper has intermittent, slow and 'fast'. It's just that fast isn't fast. Can't keep up with the Scottish weather.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          Oh does the 3 cyl DS3 come with a cup holder ? My 2013 DSport+ didn't - I had to buy the rubber accessory
          Mine has a cupholder as it doesn't have an armrest (same with my old DStyle!)
          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by Kat

Mine has a cupholder as it doesn't have an armrest (same with my old DStyle!)
            I would so sacrifice my armrest for a cupholder haha

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
            DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Stepto

Anyone getting more then 51mpg at 70mph? Really happy with the economy.
              What's that shelf for under the screen? A thin pencil?
              How do I turn the radio off?
              Do they all sound like a wasp in a jam jar?
              Anyone else surprised at the handling? It's brilliant!
              How come the cam belt runs in oil and is inside the block? How the hell does that get changed?
              Why do the wipers go so slow when on fast?
              Why does the black vinyl on my door look like a three year old has stuck it on?
              Could they not have devised a worse cup holder if they had tried?

I had Xantias for years and loved the Citro�n quirks. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Steve.
              I think Ben's answered most of your questions, with regards to the vinyl, it's terrible. If you aren't happy with it under warranty, I'd suggest getting it replaced.
              Can't comment on the noise on the little 3 cylinders as the 1.6 petrols sound pretty good and I've only heard good things about the diesels, maybe try a new panel filter?

DStort
              DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                I would so sacrifice my armrest for a cupholder haha

I don't like armrests, and I do like drinking tea on long car journeys, so I'm glad I have/had a cupholder and not an armrest!

Comment

PSA did go with a timing belt for the 1.2l 3 cylinder engine.
                  Here is the training video for its replacement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx2AHZfyalM
                  From what I understand the belt runs wet to help reduce mechanical losses from friction.
                  Last edited by cyclone; 10-10-2017, 08:42.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

If the wipers are still inadequate, try some of those graphite tipped blades or whatever they are, apparently very good at clearing water. Oh, and slow down
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post

I do like drinking tea all the time
                      Edited

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post

Edited
                        You're not wrong...

Comment

Welcome! Poverty spec?! Psssht, all are awesome!
                          My DS3R3... nearly....
                          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                            Welcome! Poverty spec?! Psssht, all are awesome!
                            Agreed!!
                            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                            X