Front arm rest.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front arm rest.......

Thinking of getting this for the DS , good buy or not , thinking about build quality etc....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-DS...53.m1438.l2649

I've come across that item a few times and thought about it too. I've not bothered only because other members who have armrests already don't seem too keen on them and they squeak and rattle alot (apparently), but they are the OEM ones and not this one. Be interested to find out if anyone has actually fitted one of these.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Sure someone on the facebook group was mentioning this same one, not sure if they had it or wanted it. Some people swear by their armrests and use them all the time, and some like me just keep it up all the time and pretend it doesn't exist. Gets in the way of my gear shifts and especially the handbrake.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I never use mine, but Liam will if we are sat in traffic and he's driving.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Looks a little cheap if I'm honest. Be better with the official version.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

How much would they cost please and I am thinking main stealer....right ?

Comment

Callum from Arbury Citroën posted a price list a while ago. Took me a while to find it and I haven't seen him online for a while, but the dealer price was £186 for just the part. He was able to get 15% off, but I'm not sure if he still comes on here.

Anyways here's the link:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/the-p...sories-for-now
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Real racing drivers don't use armrests
                I've got the factory one but it squeaks far too much for my liking so it stays up. Makes good microfiber/cable storage though!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
                DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

I stopped mine squeaking by squirting some WD-40 into the hinges and then it never squeaked again Moonhead
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                    Real racing drivers don't use armrests
                    I've got the factory one but it squeaks far too much for my liking so it stays up. Makes good microfiber/cable storage though!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
                    Ha that’s exactly what I do with mine

Comment

If its anything like the oem one don't bother. Gets in the way if its up or down..
                      Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                      Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I like the original just fine, it's a little flimsy but never found it to be in the way. Others find it intrusive, different people different likes and dislikes.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Mines good for storing my sunglasses but stays up 99% of the time. Agree that it gets in the way of the handbrake and changing into 6th.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies on this , think I might just put on the back burner its just my last 2 cars have had an arm rest and its hard not having it there ....

Comment

This is my £16 amazon special, not a bad fit and ideal for storing a few bits

Comment

Working...
                              X