Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about buying DStyle 1.6 VTi, but a little worried about reliability..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying DStyle 1.6 VTi, but a little worried about reliability..

Fell in love with the DS3 after a test drive this weekend, although the rude sales man at my local dealer really did put me off. I have to admit Ive been in two minds whether to go for it, mainly because of the badge. And after lurking around the forum for a bit, Im still a little worried on the reliability front and the after sales CS... (or lack of).
    Id want to go for the DStyle 1.6 VTi ... Most people Ive mentioned the DS3 to, say its beautiful "But its a still Citroen ... "
    This would be the first car Id be buying new, and wondered if they really are as bad as people claim?

Thanks in advance :-)

Don't Listen To Them Mate,

The ONLY Model With Problems Is The DSPORT THP, We're All Loving Our Cars And Some Of Us Have Been For 2 years Now With No Problems At All !

One Thing You Might Want To Consider Is Whether You'll Be Happy With The 1.6 VTi, I Only Say As One Of Our Admin ( WTF ) Has It Yet She Really Wishes That She Went For The 110 Diesel DSport As The Extra Cost Is Well Worth The Extras + It's Faster And More Economical Than The VTi - Just Food For Thought lol

Comment

yep if your worried about reliability go for the diesel. We all love ours and they are nippy cars.

Comment

It drives me mad when ignorant people say 'shitroen' or the likes, the truth is that Citroen ranks much higher in the reliability index than the 'Germans' - enough said.

The 120VTi engine is a sweet drive and is the petrol version to go for, but as the others have said there is something to be said for the diesel versions, give them a try as well before making your mind up.

If you need any other questions answered then don't be frighten to ask!

P.S Our last CSI score ranked us 3rd in the UK and we hold a 98.3% customer rating
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I picked up my DStyle+ 1.6 VTi at the beginning of December and am loving every minute of it.

Keep finding myself making excuses to go out and have a drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            It drives me mad when ignorant people say 'shitroen' or the likes, the truth is that Citroen ranks much higher in the reliability index than the 'Germans' - enough said.
            Have You Got The Link To That Online Chart You Posted Up Before ?

Comment

You'll love it fella trust and when they break down go visit them just dont stop
              Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
              Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

Welcome

Don't be put off - I got WTF from the third dealership I went into. She was my first new buy also.

Don't listen to what other people say, it's a waste of time.

Like the don't buy a:
                Ford - Fix Or Repair Daily
                Fiat - Fix It All the Time
                Honda - Had One, Never Did Again
                Toyota - The one you ought to avoid

Get the car, drive it, love it and have one up on those who told you not to buy one!! People rarely realise it's a Citroen, and when they do, its always met with suprise and admiration - imo. I had some guys walk past my car and I heard them say 'Thats nice, what is it??' Walk past and they looked back to see what make it was and sounded suprised but impressed it was a Citroen.

Reliability - Nothing to worry about with the 120 - I'm 25k ish miles in and she has never skipped a beat or gievn me any concern. She's also my second Citroen, my previous being a 53 plate C3, again, no problems or concerns. I had a minor crash in that one and I felt absolutely confident to get back in, not doubting the safety or durability of the car.

Customer Service - You won't need to fall back on this when you have no issues ;-)

If you are worried about the badge - don't get it, you'll get attention and you'll have to say each time:
                *sigh*, yeah, it looks great, drives great, I love it - but it's a Citroen

I was met with the same from my friends, and after seeing my car and realising that 'actually it's ok to own a Citroen' they all LOVE it!

See my link below (16k) for more if my fanboy DS3 ramblings

Ah thank yow.
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer

Thats the latest one, Citroen has slipped a bit as they were 12th on the last one. My guess is THP issues and recalls across the range has had a effect.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I notice the japanese dominate the top 10. Boring but bulletproof.......
                    Citroen are 17th not a disaster I would have thought?

About the 1.6vti.... They use that engine in the Mini Cooper and it gets great reviews!

Comment

Ive a VTi Engine in my DS3 and i might be one of the few to have problems, ive got the death rattle which is what the coopers using this engine can also get *heard one drive by with the same problem the otherday*. it seems to sound like a tank on first start up for the first 1min/1:30min but mine then also has a tapping in the engine where the drivers side wheel is but in the engine compartment, have taken it to citreon chester and they've fobbed it off quite a few times, however recently its started to get worse i.e. it would wear off once the engine had warmed up and the oil had gone round the engine, it would only be a slight tap now and again but now its nearly constant no matter distance driven or temp of engine ive even checked the oil which is at the perfect level so i just got advised to keep hassling them or to let it damage itself and let citroen replace under warrenty which i shouldnt have to do on a 3month old car

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
                        I would love a diesel, but unfortunately itd be way over my budget.
                        Ive been trawling the web and cant seem to find any reliability indexes for the DS3.. Im assuming because its not yet out of manufacturers warranty.
                        Ive heard about that rattling engine noise from the mini .. Minis arnt great in reliability either, and looking at that index 18% of failures are from the engine.. way aabove average which is worrying if its the same engine as the DS3. Urgh, so torn >:-/

Comment

get the 90HDi
                          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                          Third time around.
                          Work in Progress

Comment

I am the very proud owner of Dsport + 110 hdi and nobody who has been in the car has never not adored it.
                            Do you have to buy brand new ; what about ex demo and go for the diesel and lose some of the depreciation at the same time.
                            If the sales guy was a nob try another dealership; they're not all dickwads.
                            Good luck
                            Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

Well, Ive put in a request via newcitroendeals.co.uk ... I see a few of you have used the site, any idea how long ill be waiting for an offer? :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X