Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about buying DStyle 1.6 VTi, but a little worried about reliability..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry vmark89, your not only one with the cold start rattle. I purchased my car brand new last October and now has 2600 miles on the clock, and has been back to my garage three times with numerous issues.

I have an engine rattle characteristic, gearbox whine @ 2000rpm characteristic and driver/ passenger door rattle characteristic. Its fine though, as Citroen has lost couple of potential customers after hearing how bad this car sounds on startup; my neighbour went and bought an A1 and best friend is still looking.

When I first approached the garage with the engine rattle, which incidentally only started at around 500 miles, they said that this was a unique issue and one that they had not previously encountered. Went to pick the car up 3 days later and was greeted by - yeah they all do that; it’s a characteristic of this particular engine.

I even try to explain to the Technician of the numerous issues on both DS3 and Mini forums, and it is certainly not an issues that should be taken likely with reports of engine failure, his answer was – you have to watch forums as a lot of people like to lie.

For me personally, I love the look of the car inside and out and the way it drives, plus the reviews seem quite positive, but can’t live with these annoyances so will be selling the car in the next few months; very sad - but better than a potential bill for an engine replacement.

If I were you Nally I would opt for the Dsport 110 hdi, that way you remove the petrol engine and the possibility of the 5 speed gearbox whine from the equation. The rattles, if you get any, can be resolved much easier that a deep rooted engine or gearbox issue.

Comment

Originally posted by chever00 View Post
      Its fine though, as Citroen has lost couple of potential customers after hearing how bad this car sounds on startup;
      Who's car? Yours or any VTi?
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Referring to the engine in my car.

My best friend had a Mini before who's engine rattled on start up, though finally got rid of it through other reliability issues, think he just didn't want to revisit any potential future problems.

If the dealership had started up my car with that rattle, I would have walked away.

Comment

Working...
        X