Esp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp light

Hi all just wondering if someone could help, first time driving in the snow yesterday morning, while I was braking at the lights a esp light was flashing on the dash and the break pedal was pulsing, by pulsing I mean felt like the pedal was bouncing as I was pressing it, this happened 3 times in total in light snow that morning, anyone have any idea what it is or what it means? Any help would be much appreciated as im quite new to driving and has put me off going out in the snow.

Sounds like it was just the ESP doing it’s job... I hate the fact you can’t turn it off properly
    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

^ that. You had less grip because of the snow so the ESP triggered to stop you skidding. I've always found it a bit too twitchy in this car though, wish it was a little less sensitive.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks for the replys, aw as long as its normal and its ment to happen, ye it does seem really sensitive only a little bit of snow on the road.

Comment

ESP needs to be off in the snow.
          As I learned the other day, the esp is not designed to be used in the snow.
          The wheels need to be able to spin, esp stops that.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
          DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Only problem is that you can only turn it off permanently in the DSport and higher models. The others automatically turn it back on after 30 seconds or when you hit 30mph.
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Mines a DSport so im able to turn it off? Didn't even know that it was on untill the light on the dash was flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by BenS
                Only problem is that you can only turn it off permanently in the DSport and higher models. The others automatically turn it back on after 30 seconds or when you hit 30mph.
                Yah it's designed for snow. You'd never go over 30 if it's bad enough to turn it off haha

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by Coreya
                  Mines a DSport so im able to turn it off? Didn't even know that it was on untill the light on the dash was flashing.
                  Yeah the button is down by the cubby hole on the right side of the steering wheel.
                  Hold it in until the light is permanently on, on the dash. Press the button to turn it back on

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                    Yeah the button is down by the cubby hole on the right side of the steering wheel.
                    Hold it in until the light is permanently on, on the dash. Press the button to turn it back on

Mines a Dsport+ and it doesn’t turn off permanently even if button is long pressed. Am I missing something?
                    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Is it a petrol or diesel? Think it's only the petrol THP where it can be permanently turned off, because racecar.
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                      X