Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Citroen

Yo wassup,

browsed this site a few times around the time I decided to purchase a dsport. So thought I may as well post this here.

so yeah I got a 14 plate dsport+ back in around february time (warrenty ran out on it like a month later). I read about the issues that seem to come up with this car....also the fact it's le French. But yeah went ahead and got one. Anyway, all's well with it, enjoying modding it, spent a fair bit of time on it.....until a few weeks back.

To cut it short, engine light came on 9/10 times that id start it up and it would feel as though the turbo would be cut off. Took it to the citroen dealers, turns out it needed a new timing chain (belt, can't remember which is in it) and a few extra parts to go alongside....so probably like £800 or something. I dunno.

car is only on like 30k miles so it was a bit of a kick in the teeth seeing as it's also out of warranty. But Yeah, reason I'm posting is recognition to Citroen who offered to pay everything as a good will gesture (aside from the cost to plug in and read the code). And also something positive, because you normally just hear about the negative stuff.

Not that its a big thing, or that anyone would, and i cant really speak for citroen but dont hold this example up as the norm lol, for if anyone else ran into a decent bill for a part that shouldnt really go wrong for another 30k miles etc. If you know what I mean. I suppose I got a little lucky really, I dunno, they might even help people out naturally in cases like this I dunno.

but Yeah, not often a brand will go the extra mile when the item isn't in warrenty, so thank you citroen.

tl:dr would deffo recommend Citroen service guys.

Originally posted by haceracen
    Yo wassup,

browsed this site a few times around the time I decided to purchase a dsport. So thought I may as well post this here.

so yeah I got a 14 plate dsport+ back in around february time (warrenty ran out on it like a month later). I read about the issues that seem to come up with this car....also the fact it's le French. But yeah went ahead and got one. Anyway, all's well with it, enjoying modding it, spent a fair bit of time on it.....until a few weeks back.

To cut it short, engine light came on 9/10 times that id start it up and it would feel as though the turbo would be cut off. Took it to the citroen dealers, turns out it needed a new timing chain (belt, can't remember which is in it) and a few extra parts to go alongside....so probably like �800 or something. I dunno.

car is only on like 30k miles so it was a bit of a kick in the teeth seeing as it's also out of warranty. But Yeah, reason I'm posting is recognition to Citroen who offered to pay everything as a good will gesture (aside from the cost to plug in and read the code). And also something positive, because you normally just hear about the negative stuff.

Not that its a big thing, or that anyone would, and i cant really speak for citroen but dont hold this example up as the norm lol, for if anyone else ran into a decent bill for a part that shouldnt really go wrong for another 30k miles etc. If you know what I mean. I suppose I got a little lucky really, I dunno, they might even help people out naturally in cases like this I dunno.

but Yeah, not often a brand will go the extra mile when the item isn't in warrenty, so thank you citroen.

tl:dr would deffo recommend Citroen service guys.
    Always good to hear

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's great to hear a good news story to break up the majority of people who come to forums to solve issues.

Happy motoring
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
      X