Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 e hdi 90 - start stop issue possibly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 e hdi 90 - start stop issue possibly ?

hi guys just got ther car yesterday it wasnt workign at first( the start stop)

now it works but the only problem is after its shut itsself off after about 15 seconds it switches on again ( no i havent touched a peddle or anything)

is this normal ????

Similar experiences myself. Reading about the subject suggests that a number of things have to be true for the S-S to work. For example if the air can is required then the motor will restart, if the headlamps are on, the battery is discharging more quickly and the motor will restart using S-S rather than the starter motor. With regard to S-S not working from new, this was my experience as well. I don't for certain but I reckon that there hadn't been sufficient time for the wacking great capacitor to have fully charged. Only a guess though. My experience after 2 weeks of ownership and just under 1K miles is that the stop-start does work but I am not convinced it saves a mega amount of fuel. I think it is just a bit of a gimmick to get the emissions figure down to save on the RFT.

Comment

could be insufficient charge in the battery or a fauty sensor on the clutch/gear selector/seatbelt retainer or depending on whats running @ the time eg: climate control / stereo
      all about the stop/start can be found on page 170 in the owners handbook
      e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
      Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

it bugs the shit out of me so i just switch it off

Comment

The system runs through a 42 point check list, and when in stop mode the system continues to monitor these check list. As so as a variable changes then the system starts the car back up to protect itself.

In the cold weather you will see the Stop Start system switching more quickly because of drain on the battery, come the better weather you will see a much better difference in the system. I was driving a C4 which had this on and I think it's ace, you do make a saving which adds up over time.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
          X