'That's my car'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'That's my car'

Just after i brought my car, i had a Clifford alarm with tilt and motion sensors fitted, also had it linked to my key so there were no extra keys or fobs. Since havin a new key late last yr (coz the keys are crap) i've had nothing but problems, the alarm keeps going off by itself while i'm driving which has got right on my bloody nerves, so i went on to the website to get the number only to see pictures of my car!!! I've now got to drive 47 miles on Fri to get it sorted. http://secureacar.co.uk/gm/56/Citroen_Ds3_Alarm_System". Maybe i should ask for a discount
    Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

how much did that cost you?
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

The alarm, tilt and motion sensor was £280 inc vat, and pairing it to the key was £20, but it'll be a bit more now as the vat's gone up

Comment

quite expensive...

Not sure the car is worth the extra alarm xD
        sigpic.

Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

I got it coz the one i've got has just got an immobilizer, and i wanted that extra bit of security

Comment

Originally posted by sarah ds3 black View Post
            I got it coz the one i've got has just got an immobilizer, and i wanted wanted that extra bit of security
            I don't even know what mine has xD
            sigpic.

Third time around.
            Work in Progress

Comment

Well if its the same as mine, just in white then its only got an immobiliser, to get the same kind of alarm from citroen was about £200 on top of what i paid

Comment

The immobiliser on the DS3 is a transponder system is very hard to crack as the code is stored on the rather then on the car. The two perform a 'handshake' once you have inserted the key and turned it, the system checks the key on it's authorised list and then the start code. Couple this with the 'deadlock' system (you guys are remembering to double tap you remote when you lock right?) which prevents the doors from opening then the standard set-up is pretty secure from all but the most professional thief.
                Last edited by Bigfeet; 31-01-2012, 09:05.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I think most modern cars are supposed to be 'unstealable' these days, which has caused thieves to start targeting stealing the keys, and start carjacking etc instead.

I remember seeing a show on TV where it must have been a private security company where car manufacturers would send their cars to have their security tested.. pretty brutal stuff

Comment

Ask who gave permission to use your car in the advertising. They may give you something

Comment

I will do that, also there showing my number plate i know that i've changed it but thats not the point.

Comment

Not wanting to start a debate, but your number plate showing is nothing to really worry about. You can buy reg data from the DVLA from as little as £5 per 100 numbers, plus the folks that copy numbers for petrol theft will use dealer websites rather than club ones.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                        X