convertable roof stuck again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convertable roof stuck again

Convertible roof stuck again has anyone with a convertible had this problem too and is there a permanent fix for this ...my roof stuck in open position now for the 4th time in 2 years all I got was the software was updated … does this have to be done a lot .. now I find Heartwell have cancelled franchise and I have to travel to new place that only deal with Citroën for 6 months. Any help gratefully received .. ty

Fingers crossed that the dealer wont say that you need a new roof which costs £6,000. Mine stuck in the closed position but was covered by the extended warranty. When it stuck on previous occasions did you get the sunroof channels cleaned and lubricated ? Citroen will charge a half hour labour to do it and if the dealer can get it working i recommend you either het them to clean/lubricate it or do it yourself later (i have the instructions). My engineering and car fettling background leads me to believe that when the channels get dirty the ‘coefficient of static friction’ between th3 roof channels an£ th3 sunroof sliders will increase and the roof mechanism motors or circuitry will burn out and/or the sliders willmbe worn out and stick. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladiator View Post
      Convertible roof stuck again has anyone with a convertible had this problem too and is there a permanent fix for this ...my roof stuck in open position now for the 4th time in 2 years all I got was the software was updated … does this have to be done a lot .. now I find Heartwell have cancelled franchise and I have to travel to new place that only deal with Citroën for 6 months. Any help gratefully received .. ty
      Cabrio owner here as well....
      Hope you got some warranty on car, as like bill said, its complete roof removal and new one fitted - around £6000 incl vat/labour if it bugger up 100%.
      And by the sounds of it, the roof mechanism dont sound to clever.

They never said anything to me about ANY software that has to be updated, at any time when i talked to service guy last time i was getting warranty work done.
      Mine is a 2015 model

Comment

Gladiator - the only thing that i am aware of that can be reset with the roof is done via the roof opening/shut button to indicate to the ,Computer’ that the roof is closed. I’m guessing that the garage had to manually wind the roof forward via a hex key inserted into the motors and then go through the reset procedure that tells the computer that it is closed..

how did you get on at the ‘new’ garage?

Comment

Originally posted by bigj2552 View Post

Cabrio owner here as well....
          Hope you got some warranty on car, as like bill said, its complete roof removal and new one fitted - around £6000 incl vat/labour if it bugger up 100%.
          And by the sounds of it, the roof mechanism dont sound to clever.

They never said anything to me about ANY software that has to be updated, at any time when i talked to service guy last time i was getting warranty work done.
          Mine is a 2015 model
          Hi bigj, as your Cabrio is a 2015 i buess its still under warranty. Could be a good idea to extend in for about £260 a year. Several owners have had Cabrio roof problems at the 4 year mark. My Vcabrio is a 63 reg and i extended 5h3 warranty into year 5 for £290 and pretty soon after neede a new electric door mirror that would have cost me £385. As my car is also a thp, the warranty looks like a pretty good insurance policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Badger View Post

Hi bigj, as your Cabrio is a 2015 i buess its still under warranty. Could be a good idea to extend in for about £260 a year. Several owners have had Cabrio roof problems at the 4 year mark. My Vcabrio is a 63 reg and i extended 5h3 warranty into year 5 for £290 and pretty soon after neede a new electric door mirror that would have cost me £385. As my car is also a thp, the warranty looks like a pretty good insurance policy.
            Already have dome my friend - cost me £229 per yr, and i made 100% sure that it covers roof failure - That was through citreon uk direct - They said 100,000 miles of ten yrs, what ever comes first, as i can keep renewing every yr until then - Will keep it till the 2 yr mark, then prob trade it in - we will see

Comment

Already have dome my friend - cost me £229 per yr, and i made 100% sure that it covers roof failure - That was through citreon uk direct - They said 100,000 miles of ten yrs, what ever comes first, as i can keep renewing every yr until then - Will keep it till the 2 yr mark, then prob trade it in - we will see
              Well done. Good insurance, well worth it to save the worry about a potential £6k bill. The abrios are great now that the sun is shining :-))

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Badger View Post

Well done. Good insurance, well worth it to save the worry about a potential £6k bill. The abrios are great now that the sun is shining :-))
                Warranty money more than worth it for my piece of mind bill.

And yes, this is when it was worth spending the extra cash for the cabrio - The weather makes it all worth while...Absolutely loving it, esp now i got more time to get out in it and drive the damn thing !!.

Remember and slap on that extra factor sun cream m8....esp on the forehead n neck....I aint kidding here - I got fried last week and i was only out in car with roof down for about 30 mins driving - burnt left side of neck and my forehead - Didnt even feel it at time cause of the wind - lesson learned.

And another thing....The people next door didnt even know it was a "convertible" (there word)...Thats what i like about the ds3 cabrio, it has a stealth cabio/convertible look, which is great, as it keeps the assholes away from slashing the thing...it happens !

note : WHY is this the only forum you CANT edit ones posts ? SOOOO annoying, esp when on make spelling mistake

Comment

note : WHY is this the only forum you CANT edit ones posts ? SOOOO annoying, esp when on make spelling mistake
                  Editing posts is something that comes as a perk with full membership. It's a good feature as it stops random people from posting utter rubbish and was a decision made by our admin team. A good one too, if you ask me. ​​​​​​

Go for full membership bigj2552 . Only costs a nominal fee and you get perks and goodies as being an "Ultra Prestige Member" ​​​​​​​
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

ok here's update on cabrio roof ...in the end I took it to Evans Halshaw in Hull , they completed the work on the roof within a day ..which was far quicker than before ,very pleased with that..... gave me a new C3 to ride round in too for the day ..nice ….when I collected my car I asked about what was wrong with roof and was told it just needed a reset ….would appreciate if anyone can expand on what a reset entails...and is there software I can purchase that would allow me to do this myself ….thanks to all you guys that previously inputted here i will defiantly look at extending the warranty ...good idea

Comment

Hi how did you get on? I have the same problem!

Comment

when I got the car back I cleaned out all the channels as instructions and applied the new grease ...I also did research on this problem too and found that when the roof fails one must immediately press and hold down the close button to close the roof manually as when this is done it resets it too ..if you press it and let go to close auto it will fail to close and stick and need to go back to workshop to be reset. you dont get a lot of grease in tube but more than enough to do the job ...so far I haven't had roof stick again ..but I do admit I close it with finger on switch till it closes fully and not auto

Comment

Hello Gladiator and Bill the Badger; facing a similar issue with my 2013 DS3 (after having the roof 'repaired' back in 2017). Would you be able to share the 'instructions' that you speak about - for cleaning the rails etc? Or can you point to a place where they are uploaded? Thanks!

Comment

hi WHoF ...yes i got them from bill the badger i will look for them as it has been some time since i had them ..but simply all it shows you is to clean the rails and lube them with the recommended lube from Citroen ..i saw a official paper from Citroen that said many had the wrong lube on them and that is why they stuck .I do lube mine 2 times a year and I never use auto keep my finger on open and close button and touch wood haven't had a problem since.

Comment

hi WHoF yes i got them from bill the badger i will look for them as it has been some time since i had them ..but simply all it shows you is to clean the rails and lube them with the recommended lube from Citroen ..i saw a official paper from Citroen that said many had the wrong lube on them and that is why they stuck .I do lube mine 2 times a year and I never use auto keep my finger on open and close button and touch wood haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Working...
                              X