Diesel axed from DS3 lineup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel axed from DS3 lineup?

Apologies if this has already been posted (I couldn’t find a similar thread) but it seems as though DS are axing the 4, 5 and all diesel versions of the 3, offering only Puretech Automatic versions?!

Seems like such a shame - I really miss my 115 eHDI. I know there’s been such a u-turn on diesels but I firmly believe there’s still a place for diesel for long distance drivers, until there’s better provision for EVs - especially for the lower CO2 emissions.

Here’s the article (Autocar):
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...c-line-changes

For the record, I’m unconvinced by DS’ crossover strategy; Crossovers to me are much more ‘family cars’ - which is not what the DS3 has traditionally been. Bit of a shame. I would’ve considered coming back for another DS3 but I can’t consider it if they go petrol-only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

End of an era.

Comment

Such a shame. The latest diesels are now 120's I believe and are very good from what I've read. I love my 115 e-HDi too and intend to keep it for a good while yet.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Only offering the 1.2 PureTech engines does seem to confirm that they're getting rid of the Performance too.
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

DS is dead. Fun while it lasted. Maybe the Performance will become a collector car in the future, given that it's sold less than the Racings.
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

So lets get this straight, so far there have been 3 DS models, the 3, 4, and 5. Of these the 3 was a two door and the four and five were five doors, the only one of these cars that sold any quantity was the 3. So what do they do? that's right they go and make everything a five door DOH!
            I would love to see the market research that has guaranteed that the Chinese and north american market are suddenly going to abandon Mercedes and Audi and start buying thousands of Crossbacks instead.

Comment

I have just part exed my DS3 for a Citroen C3 Flair. I had a 1955 Edition diesel. Wonderful car that I got on a 0% deal that cost me less than £200 per month over 3 years. To replace it with an equivalent DS3 starts at about £350 per month now for a car with very little that's actually new about it. Local dealer doesn't stock DS4's or 5's anymore as noone is buying them and doesn't reckon the DS7 will do any volume either - given the pricing. DS Autos are apparently still committed to building the brand but they don't half need some new models that justify a price premium on engineered quality and innovation - rather than sticking faux leather roofs on an old model and handing out "free" handbags. I honestly hope the brand succeeds and I can see its place in the market - but the product has to justify the claims made on its behalf. Might be some bargain DS4 and 5's to be had mind.

Comment

^ This.

They wanted to be luxury but screwed the design and marketing. The DS7 when fully specced up was the first one I thought really hit that brief, but then the price was on par with the Germans and they already have a reputation, while DS is known for the quirky DS3 of old when it was still Citroen.
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

We all need to keep hold of our DS3's. They will be collectors "classics" soon!!!
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I have been wondering what would happen if we started a petition for PSA to save the DS3/replace it with a new version built to the same brief and how many people it would take for them to take notice of it.

Comment

I’ve a 1.6 100BHP diesel Performance Line and yesterday driving 75 miles to work achieved 72.2 mpg, slightly less coming home. What petrol engine would give me anything like that?

Comment

The Puretech will net high 50s, maybe even 60, but diesel is a big buzz in the news at the moment because of the particulates and NOx. Give it 10 years and it'll flip again, just before the electric cut off. And then we'll probably find after another 10 years that electric cars are worse for the environment than petrol and we'll go back to ICE.
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                          The Puretech will net high 50s, maybe even 60, but diesel is a big buzz in the news at the moment because of the particulates and NOx. Give it 10 years and it'll flip again, just before the electric cut off. And then we'll probably find after another 10 years that electric cars are worse for the environment than petrol and we'll go back to ICE.
                          Here in Norway a few years back we got told to buy diesel because it was better for the environment than petrol, and then a few years later they tell us to buy electric or petrol cars. As long as diesel is cheaper than petrol i'm going to stick with diesel cars. But if they make diesel cost more than petrol then i'm going to have a hard time selling my diesel DS3...

Comment

Originally posted by poolman View Post
                            I have just part exed my DS3 for a Citroen C3 Flair. I had a 1955 Edition diesel. Wonderful car that I got on a 0% deal that cost me less than £200 per month over 3 years. To replace it with an equivalent DS3 starts at about £350 per month now for a car with very little that's actually new about it. Local dealer doesn't stock DS4's or 5's anymore as noone is buying them and doesn't reckon the DS7 will do any volume either - given the pricing. DS Autos are apparently still committed to building the brand but they don't half need some new models that justify a price premium on engineered quality and innovation - rather than sticking faux leather roofs on an old model and handing out "free" handbags. I honestly hope the brand succeeds and I can see its place in the market - but the product has to justify the claims made on its behalf. Might be some bargain DS4 and 5's to be had mind.
                            We went in exactly the same direction, at the moment it's all marketing huff coming out of the DS side with no substance. C3 does what it says on the packet and can be had for comparatively much less even with top spec turbo under the bonnet despite being mechanically very similar and much more practical.

Probably doesn't help the case for a diesel DS3 either as the puretech C3 is matching the mpg our diesel ds3 did while being faster and much quieter.

I find it rather strange they've released the hydraulic bump stop tech in the cactus..not the DS which was famous for hydraulic suspension.
                            Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                            Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

That will be so if it does not prove popular it wont damage the image of DS.

Comment

Working...
                              X