Fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan problem

So the blowers on my ds3 are full on and won’t tirn off . The garage charged me £48 to tell me the Fan resister module has failed.. My question is where is this located on the vehicle and what does one look like so I can at least attempt to replace it myself as money is really tight. Thanks

To be honest £48 isn't a bad price, the OEM part no is: 6441.S7 and in terms of changing it yourself you'll need to remove the trim beneath the glove box and the glove box itself if you can't reach in. Here's a video for a 2010 C3 which I used because it's the same process on the DS3, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqYnmcpGoc

You'll probably want some grips to twist it out for the first time as it's in there pretty tight.

Also the fault may be more than just the resistor, I've replaced mine a couple of times and it works for a bit but eventually goes again, but that's just me!

Comment

Thank you so much for replying with the info it’s much appreciated. About the part number, my ds3 is a manual Citroen ds3 diesel which is push buttons for the fan controls is that part still the same. Also can I take the old one out without putting another one in just until I get the part delivered? Thanks again

Comment

Yeah it's still the same part, you can but it may be easier to actually remove the fuse in the engine bay for the blower fans. It should be in the manual but if I recall correctly its towards the bottom of the fuse box and the fuse is positioned horizontally instead of vertically. That will then stop the fans altogether till you get the part.

Comment

Thanks Howelley. You’re right it is in there pretty tight so will borrow some grips from work tomorrow but blowers are off for now at least. Will report back my results as may help other people having this thread. Thanks again Howelley, very much appreciated

Comment

Pleased to say all is working . A bit fiddly to put back in but clicked back in nicely. A nice £125 saved from what the garage was charging me. Thanks again Howelley

Comment

Working...
            X