Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which DS3 to get?

Hello,

I want to buy a used DS3 preferably for <£5k and I am unsure which model will be best for me to get. At first I wanted the THP 150 I have read about lots of issue with this engine.

So what are peoples opinions on what model is the best/ most reliable. Is the DStyle VTi 120 reliable or does this have similar issues to the THP? Is it worth going for the DSport HDi Diesel?

I'm a bit of a car noob at the moment so don't really want something that's going to cause me too much hassle (although I suppose that is the best way to learn).

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum MG.

What will you be using the car for? Short drives, lots of motorway miles, etc..?

Also how old are you and have you budgeted for insurance costs?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I don't currently drive too much. Mainly a 15-20 min commute to work (no motorways). My annual mileage will be pretty low.

I'm 22 and I mean <5k not including insurance costs.

Comment

There's a 2010 THP 150 for £4800 which I was considering but now i'm unsure after reading about the issues.

Comment

I had a 120 VTi for three and a half years and loved it. Only issue I had with it was the temperature sensor (common fault) but that was a quick fix, under warranty for me. Otherwise it was pretty solid!
          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Hi and welcome MG. The THP and Racing versions of the DS3 have known to be the most problematic, but having said that many members who have THP's haven't had any issues. BeefMasta has a belter. As Kat said VTi's are also good and any issues aren't hugely expensive to fix, I don't think. A e-HDi like mine probably won't be financially worth it for you if you do few miles, but I don't do that many either and have found it to be very good, provided its given a good razz on the motorway for half an hour or so once a week.

So best advice I can give, is do your homework on the DS3 you have seen. HPI check, service history, mot, warranty given and take someone with you when viewing and test driving, they may spot things you don't. Good Luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

If you need any further help on specifics on a DS3 you are looking let us know too.
            Last edited by Funky; 29-06-2018, 12:54.
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

best advice is imo, get a warranty- then the fear factor shouldn't be so bad

I had 2 THPs (150 and 155) and both had a couple issues- but they were from new so both had 3 year warranties
              before the 3 years came up, they went elsewhere

shouldn't be without a turbo imo…..leaves you 2 choices
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
              X