• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Odds n Sods queries

Hi All,

I'm new so be gentle,
    I have a 2013 DS3 in white 1.6 Diesel.
    I am going to need an off side rear light lense,
    which I'm sure is LED as it has the chrome effect.
    I cannot find a second hand one anywhere and new ones are stupid money,
    does anyone know where I can get one please?.

I have read folk on here mention about a cup holder,
    what do they look like and where do they sit please ? As mine doesnt have one.

I have a centre cap missing, does anyone know if they are dear?.

The matt black film stuff on my A posts and doors has some bubbles and splits,
    Anyone heard of this happening?

Seat back mechanisms have failed on both my seats for no apparent reason and though fixed under warranty my dealer couldnt explain the reasons so I wondered if anyone had suffered this issue.

RegardsZaffy.

Originally posted by Zaffy View Post
    Hi All,

I'm new so be gentle,
    I have a 2013 DS3 in white 1.6 Diesel.
    I am going to need an off side rear light lense,
    which I'm sure is LED as it has the chrome effect.
    I cannot find a second hand one anywhere and new ones are stupid money,
    does anyone know where I can get one please?.
    The 2013 will have LED ones. Ebay is a good bet, keep looking, they very often crop up, as both singles and pairs. Failing that contact a few local breakers yards to see if they have any DS3s with intact rears.

I have read folk on here mention about a cup holder,
    what do they look like and where do they sit please ? As mine doesnt have one.
    The only OEM cupholder is in place of the centre armrest. If you have the armrest then no cupholder. Citroen do one which is a rubber insert for the cubby in front of the gear lever but it can only really hold a 330ml can, not a bottle or cup. The ones you've probably heard mentioned are custom made, link here (one side only, the other side is listed separately)

I have a centre cap missing, does anyone know if they are dear?.
    Generally you can only buy as a whole set, the Citroen chevron ones are cheaper on Ebay than the DS branded ones, depending on what you have. Ranges from about £9 to £35.

The matt black film stuff on my A posts and doors has some bubbles and splits,
    Anyone heard of this happening?
    All the time, it's not brilliant. You can try rewrapping some vinyl over it or gently using a heat gun to try flatten it back down.

Seat back mechanisms have failed on both my seats for no apparent reason and though fixed under warranty my dealer couldnt explain the reasons so I wondered if anyone had suffered this issue.
    The cable in them snaps easily if used incorrectly. Instead of lifting with your fingers under it, try this: hold your hand out (left for right seat, right for left seat) palm facing the lever and thumb stuck out, fingers flat together; slide this V shaped hand up from under the lever, keeping your hand against the side of the seat - the lever fits snugly into the V. The mechanism should work much more smoothly and reliably when done like this.

RegardsZaffy.
    Replies in quoted text

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Ah BenS Thankyou for that comprehensive reply,
      much appreciated,
      just after I posted I got a call off main dealer whom I'd argued with about the matt black film,
      They are replacing them all as a good will gesture=phew.
      will check ebay for caps thankyou,
      will keep an eye out for the o.s.rear light on ebay=fingers crossed.
      That drinks holder is ugly, think I prefer my armrest ha ha.
      Thanks buddy.

Comment

and welcome to the Club Zaffy
        where you located ?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ipswich in Suffolk buddy.

Comment

Guys,
            There are a couple of o/s rear lights on ebay though they look like bulbed ones rather than led.
            Is that possible?, I thought all rear lenses wthat had the chrome insert were led.

Regards Zaffy.

Comment

Also if suitable would a left hand drive French light be ok?.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaffy View Post
                Guys,
                There are a couple of o/s rear lights on ebay though they look like bulbed ones rather than led.
                Is that possible?, I thought all rear lenses wthat had the chrome insert were led.

Regards Zaffy.
                Those are the earlier model lights Zaffy. I think from 2013 models onwards the rear lights were the LEDs. You can get chrome inserts for the earlier lights from eBay to jazz them up a bit though.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Do you live anywhere near Wembley Zaffy? There's an offside rear light for sale for £80.
                  ​​​​​​
                  https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replac...ght/1303637076
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Just over 2 hrs drive away.
                    They havet done a great picture,
                    can't see if damaged due to either light or cellophane or something.
                    fair price though.
                    Thankyou for the advice too, really appreciated.
                    I have found the center caps on ebay and car is booked in for matt film replacement on 23rd I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X