Brand new DS3 Sports Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
    You Won't Be Keeping That Face For Long !
    4000 miles done in my THP and no problems yet, touch wood .

Originally posted by Jack. View Post
    Just my opinion ZACK, i'm not anti diesel, they have their benefits, and I used to drive a fiesta zetec S tdci (a close but older relation to the current PSA 1.6HDi). But when picking between the two DSport engines there was no contest in which was better, more refined, linear power delivery, and relativley, a much nicer noise (IMO). Yes they are fragile and have their problems (Alfa owners would call this character lol) but thats what a warrenty is for.
    I used to have the Fiesta Zetec S TDCI, and i agree the THP is a far smoother and better engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack. View Post
      As one of the lucky THP owners, 7500 miles - no engine problems, never failed to start, no hesitations, never missed a beat, no oil leaks, and no rattles (I may regret saying that), I will be the first to say well done for picking the right engine, there is well documented issues with it, but compared to the 110HDis that i've tried it is much smoother, picks up from incredibly low revs for a forced induction engine (peak torque from 1400rpm) and creates good power, linearly, all the way through the rev range (unlike any diesel engine). I would recommend running on premium unleaded and not putting too much load on the engine when its cold to help avoid certain problems. But if you get one of the bad ones just reject it, there are good ones out there you just don't hear about them because there is nothing else to complain about
      Good to see some balance. My THP needed a new engine after 6k, but it really hasn't diminished my love for the way it drives- I test drove the HDi and THP and there was just no contest.
      White/Black
      1.6 THP

Comment

Originally posted by SportyellowDS3 View Post
        i find the diesel engine in the hdi 90 to provide power all the way through the rev range. thats comparing to my hdi 90 307 i also have. . for a diesel the ds3 was impressive for me. i think it will contend with alot of petrol engines tbh
        I didn't mean the HDi units are bad engines, they are very good, it shows in how many applications they are used in, and like I said I used to drive a Fiesta ZS TDCi, basically an older version of the same engine, and loved it. Although every diesel engine I have driven has had a bit of lag at the lower revs and a significant drop off in power/torque at the very top of the rev range, not something most people would care about but being a powertrain engineer I tend to notice. But, had I been buying a DStyle it would probably have been a harder decision between diesel and petrol due to the low end torque difference. I can certainly understand why people buy diesels as they make more financial sense.

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
        Good to see some balance. My THP needed a new engine after 6k, but it really hasn't diminished my love for the way it drives- I test drove the HDi and THP and there was just no contest.
        I know what you mean, it makes me smile every time I drive it, especially when I get to put my foot down a bit.
        Last edited by Jack.; 03-02-2012, 13:17.

Comment

I've got the 150hp, when i asked the salesman for the power output of the diesel i was very dissapointed, and when i drove the 2 there was only one winner! I'm averaging 38mpg's and ive heard diesels that average 35mpg.
          I used to hillclimb my vts in 2001 and loved it, this engine is a nice improvement on the 120hp i had back then, and if theres any issues, which after 5k of smooth relatively harsh driving, theres any problems then it goes back to citroen..... no biggy. small diesel engines are boring and noisey anyway, if diesel was up around 130 or 140 then i maybe interested..... this is in my opinion of course.

Comment

my hdi 110 gives 40 - 45 mpg round town no matter how hard i flog it. 70 - 75 on the motorway in 6th gear. my previous nissan note (dont take the piss) did 28mpg round town.
            ds3 1.6 hdi dsport plus in polar white and black roof

Comment

Whats the issues the the THP engine? Having had mine a week now and seeing these engine probs has got me worried! I've got the 155 engine rather than the 150 if that makes any difference?

Comment

Originally posted by matt2012 View Post
                I've got the 155 engine rather than the 150 if that makes any difference?
                Probably too early to tell. Depends on whether they're still buidling them with the duff chain tensioners. You'd hope not, but then this is Citroen we're talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  Probably too early to tell. Depends on whether they're still buidling them with the duff chain tensioners. You'd hope not, but then this is Citroen we're talking about...
                  What is the actual difference between the 150 & 155... except 5bhp?

Comment

Originally posted by matt2012 View Post
                    What is the actual difference between the 150 & 155... except 5bhp?
                    They both produce the same BHP, the 155 has lower emissions, so cheaper on the road tax!
                    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

They say everyone will go back to petrol soon anyway, due to the 10p fuel difference

My A1 is gonna be TDi, oh, wait...
                      63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
                      X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
                      12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
                      61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
                      60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
                      02 RenaultSport Clio 172
                      04 RenaultSport Clio 182
                      51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

even with the 10p diff ya still get more mileage from diesel than petrol. or will they be puttin a 1 litre put put engine in the ds3 or they gonna get 1 from a 2cv lol

lpg the fuel of the future as these bloody electric jobbies still aint zero % yet
                        e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                        Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Working...
                        X