Thinking of a change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of a change!

Seriously thinking of changing my DS3, despite the fact ive enjoyed the last 12 months it my Dsport 110 i drove a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport yesterday and I have to say what a fantastic car, excellent value, awesome drive its thrown up a right dilema about what to do and cant have both :-(
    I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

What are the specs on the Swift?

Does it look anything like the 2012 concept?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I used to have a swift they are not even on the same level. Much much smaller car, the steering is heavier but lets face it the ds3's steering is super light. Not sure if they have changed the dash but it's quiet dull and plasticy. I just don't get the same feel of quality. Although the petrol engine is probably decent unlike the thp. They are good value for reason.

Comment

I have fond memories of my swift sport, it may of only been a "warm hatch" but it loved to be revved senseless and handled really well. I see the new swift sport is still based on the previous M16A engine but with slightly more power and a 6 speed box which is a nice addition.
        After driving diesel's for nearly a year I've decided i won't go back to petrol's unless i can afford a proper hot hatch and there's not much hope of that atm lol.
        Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

I have had a few swifts but this new,one is a huge improvement over previous generations, admittedly the interior isnt as cool as the DS but for 1.6 136bhp 0-62 8.7 sec for me well over £100 quid cheaper to insure. It handles better than the ds better feedback better on the b roads and just as good on the motorways with the improvements don't think the ds is worth nearly 5k more.
          The jury is still out on quite what to do.

Comment

Swifts Are Just Too Common To Be Exciting lol

Comment

and all you'll get are swift cover jokes
              Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
              Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

Possibly true but I see more DS3 than swift sport around here. Most of the DS3 driven by blue rinse brigade admittedly not the Dsport. Could change fof another DS3 i gues maybe ablack one this time, Swift is just more fun to drive. Damn i want both.

Comment

i have always liked the swift, i drove the old version, it was really good.

Comment

I have lived with the swift for a couple of months and sister has it now, was a 1.5 petrol. whenever i drive it now certain things like the interior and even the door clunk feel kinda cheap. your right about needing to rev is like crazy although that has a knock on effect on petrol. i dont think 40 mpg is really acceptable in a hot hatch of that small size unless its really quick, which it aint. I do find the shape suits sticker jobs which will make it unique, theres loads on the net. trying to convince sister to switch to a more fuel efficient car as she's not a petrol head. if it was a toss up between the swift and a corsa/fiesta, id say swift all day

Comment

The swift sport is a nice small hatch that doesn't cost too much and with the addition of the 6 speed box makes a nice alternative to the fiesta/corsa etc. I did a 400 mile stint down the motorway in my swift sport and it wasn't very comfortable and i vowed never to do it again, whereas the mk7 fiesta's i had were quite comfortable and the ds3 is turning out to be rather comfortable. I think i'm getting too old for cars with rock hard suspension etc lol, if my ds3 starts to behave itself again then i'll prolly keep mine as for your dilema only you can make that decision unfortunately.
                      Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

I know I might face some ridicule about this, but I like the look of the Hyundai Veloster.

Looks quite grrrrrrrr, nice inside. Onlt thing is only do 1.6 petrol and not exactly quick at 9.7 0-60 and low mpg and high tax.

People say my DS3 is chavy and I think the Veloster is chav-tastic
                        110HDi Dsport
                        Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
                        Carmen red dash

Comment

The local suzuki dealer does Hyundai too, the veloster looks great but as with most of them let down by lack luster driving dynamics, got to say DS3 is still top at the moment help by reasonable deal offer to get into a black Dsport plus, what ever i get next i will have to keep for at least 2-3yrs.
                          Also i was very impressedby the Dsport plus stop start eco system seemed very responsive any one else had experience with it?

Comment

Well ive decided, its time for a change. After much deliberation i decided to get rid of my 1 yr old Dsport, it has served me perfectly and am sad to see it go but am excited for its replacement.............

Black airdream Dsport Plus, for it seems nothing out there can match it for its alround fun and uniqueness. So DS3 number two, pick up in couple of weeks, couldn't wait till new plate so it will be on a 61.

Comment

So wots the difference between the normal dsport and the airdream?
                              Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

Working...
                              X