Locking wheel nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking wheel nuts

Hi there, I'm a new member and I'm hoping one of you guys might be able to help me out with an issue on my wifes 2011 Dsport?
    Basically the locking wheel nut key is damaged and only 2 of the 4 pins are present on the key, I've called our local dealer and they want £95 for a replacement key - I'm genuinely disgusted at this price as when i last had to purchase a replacement one for my own car 2 years back it cost me about £20 from BMW main dealers so £95 seems a complete ripoff!

so my question is, does anyone know anywhere cheaper to get the key,and secondly can another key fit? The code printed on my current key is E4EL1, i've also created an account on citroen service but cant seem to find the wheel nut info despite having put in the VRN.

Any help much appreciated!

Hi willf,

Not much help sorry, but it appears there are multiple different variations they use for locking wheel nuts. I've tried having a look myself, but find a cheaper one elsewhere seems hard to find. Unfortunately, only options seem to be to pay the horrid price for a new one from dealership, or (probably more expensive) get it removed and find third party locking wheel nuts to replace yours with...

Sorry! :S

Comment

i would No, sorry, dont know where u can get a locking nut key for less than £95

I would get a professional to remove the knackered nut- and do I recall seeing a tool that actually does the removal job? try a bit of googling

Also- when was the last time you saw, or heard of, wheels being pinched off a car?
      I remove all my locking wheel nuts from cars I get nowadays, and bin them.

Until I get my R8 :-)

DS3 locking nuts are well known to be like butter
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

my dog hasn't pooped in 2 days

Comment

when was the last time you saw, or heard of, wheels being pinched off a car?
          Is that not because cars have locking wheel nuts now? I mean that's why they were added in the first place, to prevent wheel theft - seems like they worked. Question is, do thieves even bother checking anymore? If everyone started removing them, and the thieves still go round looking on the off-chance, then we'll start to see wheel thefts rise.
          I think most thieves are generally just after the car now though.

the locking wheel nut key is damaged and only 2 of the 4 pins are present
          Just had the same issue. If you're friendly with a tyre garage they may have a removal kit to take the existing nut off, in which case you'll only need to purchase an aftermarket replacement kit with new bolts and locking nut, which should be considerably cheaper than the dealer key. Check with the garage first though before purchasing anything.

Comment

Working...
          X