Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who has had their THP engine replaced...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who has had their THP engine replaced...

Did you keep the car afterwards?

If not, how was the selling process?

I have unfortunately come to the conclusion I need to sell mine, not because of the previous engine issue, but because of circumstance changes and no longer being able to justify the car.

I want to sell privately as the car is in perfect condition, but I'm pretty worried that having to declare to potential buyers that the engine, clutch and flywheel with less than 7,000 miles on the clock is going to put people off
    White/Black
    1.6 THP

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    I want to sell privately as the car is in perfect condition, but I'm pretty worried that having to declare to potential buyers that the engine, clutch and flywheel with less than 7,000 miles on the clock is going to put people off
    Why Would You Have To Declare It ?

If It Works Ok Then Just Sell It Without Mentioning It, If You Do Mention It You Won't Sell The Car / Sell For As Much As It's Worth

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post

If It Works Ok Then Just Sell It Without Mentioning It, If You Do Mention It You Won't Sell The Car / Sell For As Much As It's Worth

Ah the pitfalls of buying private compared to the dealer who is bound by legal law
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Private = Cheaper Than Dealer,

There'll Always Be Problems With Buying Private lol But You Save Moneysssssssss

Comment

Hmm, hadn't considered this, although when you put it like that it's completely reasonable as there is nothing wrong with it now and it works fine.

I'm just far too honest clearly
          White/Black
          1.6 THP

Comment

Well If I Went To See Your Car ( With An Honest View To Buy ), I'd Be Seriously Put Off By The Engine Transplant. I'd Want It For Alot Less Or Probably Walk Away.

Comment

I'll just not say anything unless asked. The car is still under warranty for a full two years anyway, so hopefully that should appease anyone who might happen to question.
              White/Black
              1.6 THP

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                I'll just not say anything unless asked. The car is still under warranty for a full two years anyway, so hopefully that should appease anyone who might happen to question.
                Exactly, Your Not Lying If They Dont Ask About It !

How Much You Putting It Up For Out Of Interest ?

Comment

Not sure I'd be that bothered about an engine transplant, tbh - in fact, I'd be more reassured to hear that it's had a complete new unit - surely better than discovering that it's been in and out of the dealers while they replace the engine in instalments!

And the oily bits are 7k newer than the indicated mileage, which has to be a plus point.

And it's still got 2 years' warranty left, so where's the risk?

(Mind you, if I suspected as a 2nd hand buyer that the reason it needed a new engine was because you ragged it mercilessly, I'd walk away because, new engine or not, the rest of the running gear is likely to be suffering...)

Comment

Some good points there Gar, that will be the sales patter I'll move to if anyone asks

Exactly, Your Not Lying If They Dont Ask About It !

How Much You Putting It Up For Out Of Interest ?
                    Going to put it up for £13,500 as it's a pretty reluctant sale, it's got everything bar leather seats on it, so I don't think it's unreasonable as it's in perfect condition- it's only a year old after all!
                    White/Black
                    1.6 THP

Comment

Isn't the original engine number written on the documents or car somewhere? Or is that the chassis number? So can't you tell if its been replaced? Can't remember! Am I talking out of my butt?

Comment

Working...
                      X