Fuel tanks confusing me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tanks confusing me

My computer said I had 19 miles till empty, I thought not bad as I'd done 498 so far on this tank. But then it went straight to "0" , so I carried on going to the petrol station carefully, when I got there I'd done a further 15 miles and then when I finished filling up with the fuel of the devil I'd put in just under 50 litres??? I thought it was a 48 litre tank & wot is the reserve on these, I can't work it out. :confused:
    Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Mine does this all the time, I know when it says 40 miles left I know it won't get me the 25 home!

48 for diesel.

This thread might have some info (i'm going home so can't look properly as all I can think about is cider)
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

That's wot I thought but I have the diesel ans I put 49.87 in today that's why I confused
      Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

well either the tank and filler neck hold more than 48 litres, or the filling station pump is wrongly calibrated - which is a matter for your council Trading Standards dept.
        Might be worth sharing your experience with them!
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

It always drops from 19 to --- on the read-out without any increments in between - very irritating.

I work on the basis that, when it goes to --- I've still got at least 19 miles-worth in the tank before it grinds to a halt.

My record is 35 miles from the dreaded --- before I could refuel. It was in the early hours, in rural Suffolk, and the first 2 filling stations I passed were both shut. It was one of the few occasions in my life when I've had reason to be grateful to Tesco.

Bit white-knuckle, that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
            well either the tank and filler neck hold more than 48 litres, or the filling station pump is wrongly calibrated - which is a matter for your council Trading Standards dept.
            Might be worth sharing your experience with them!
            The tank volume is just that, the volume of the fuel tank, it doesn't take into consideration the filler neck.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
            X